Dr Who

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

Spawnsy

Re: Dr Who

Post by Spawnsy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:11 am

It's the BBC, so even though I haven't watched the show because it's fucking mindless tripe meant for children in the first place, it wouldn't surprise me.
Easy now.

Projectblue

Post by Projectblue » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:54 pm

It's not even subliminal - although one could argue that it's actually being educationally historical.....

I don't have an issue with the Dr being female, but I can't get past the fact she sounds like, and looks like a (thinner) Victoria Wood character. With that and the really bollocks script and as mentioned, utter shite companions. It's a fail for me.
I didn't like Capaldi on his first episode, but grew to like him. I like the way he brought an irreverence back to the Dr that Tennant had thrown away with all his anger (not that I didn't enjoy DT as the DR).
"The day may dawn when fair play, love for one’s fellow-men, respect for justice and freedom, will enable tormented generations to march forth serene and triumphant from the hideous epoch in which we have to dwell. Meanwhile, never flinch, never weary, never despair."

sidextm

Post by sidextm » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:55 pm

Still dont know if i like the female Dr with her over pronounced pointing of her sonic screwdriver at every opportunity .