How did you end up with your gaming name?

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

0v3rz34l0u5
Loading…

How did you end up with your gaming name?

Post by 0v3rz34l0u5 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:48 pm

When I first got a computer that was connected to the internet, I found a "game" where you could release a creature into the arena and see how it fared (the server did the rest but it would provide a bunch of text if you wanted an update). Seeing as I was in my early teens (I think I got the internet in '97 or '98 so I was 13 or 14 at the time) and I wanted to call my creature Bobble which was taken. I then tried a variety of names on that theme until I came upon Shlobble. Shlobble survived and became the eldest creature in the arena before being killed after several weeks of life.

When I started playing online (mainly Counter Strike until BF2 was released), I continued to use the name Shlobble as my gaming name. When I discovered the Urban Dictionary, I thought it'd be funny if I could find my name. Alas, it was not as funny as I'd hoped and discovered that it meant pieces of poo that go on ur nose whilst licking a girl out from behind. I subsequently changed my name hastily and started calling myself overzealous17 as I am quite overzealous and my favourite number is 17. In 2014 I renamed myself 0v3rz34l0u5 as anything leet is cool (It's not, I just thought it was during my quarter-life crisis!).

Lucky_jackson

Re: How did you end up with your gaming name?

Post by Lucky_jackson » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:56 pm

mine after fictional movie character amongst other names ?

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:45 pm

i remember the times when the were only 3 letter spots to sign in for a record and at those day i used to type THC but then i realised that every third player used it also cause it was coool to be a bit of a rebel after that i used OWH because These are the capitals of my three firstnames
at the moment more than 3 letters were available for the name I decided to use Ztranier
that sounded a bit alien to me, and it's just my last name written down backwarts
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

Spawnsy

Post by Spawnsy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:53 pm

Herr Reinartz! Wie gehetz?
Easy now.

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:52 pm

Mir geht es ganz gut Spawncy. Danke der Nachfrage. Und selber? Alles gut?

but tbh my Dad is Herr Reinartz. I am just Olli
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

BillBailey

Post by BillBailey » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:01 pm

Personally, I think Zealous should change his name to Spammy McSpamerton.

0v3rz34l0u5
Loading…

Post by 0v3rz34l0u5 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:23 pm

I prefer Spammy McSpamface

Wolf

Post by Wolf » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:27 pm

My usual gaming name was Pheonix462 as at the time I thought that sounded "cool" only after I made the name I realised it was spelt wrong. but I kept with it, and now it's kinda stuck. I either use that or Wolf462, for my love of wolves and the number connecting to my earlier gaming days.
Games like Halo etc I use the callsign Z93. it was assigned to me by the game when I first started playing, I liked it, so it stuck!

Bennett
Loading…

Post by Bennett » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:58 pm

Started with Jimsalt back on runescape because I wanted a name that would sound cool if sean connary said it "The names Shalt, Jim Shalt" that was also my BF2 name
I think on 2142 it was relaxo because thats what Snorlax (pokemon) is called in german. Beansweed was another I used I think becuase of my big head, 1 size fits all dosen't fit me.
There's Overbeck, still use that on RPG's and shizz. Bill from L4D was a bad ass and he died so it was tribute.
And Bennett you can pick one. It's my last name, Found it awkward people calling me by pseudonym. Or hes the the bad guy in the greatest Arnie film for one liners that has ever been made, there for cool, He just needs to let of some steam.

Spawnsy

Post by Spawnsy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:44 pm

My friend had just bought a guinea pig. It was a pretty helpless, fearful creature. It squeaked a lot, and had chubby cheeks.
He decided to call it Sir Squeaksalot: Defender of the chubby cheeks.
I thought that was hilarious.
I chose SirSpawnsalot as my first online name cos it seemed equally silly and amusing. It got shortened so I use the short version mostly now, but I guess I may use the original again if a suitable game comes up and it's available.
Easy now.