How did you decide on your game name

Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam
BillBailey
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bill.bailey.9212301

How did you decide on your game name

Post by BillBailey » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:33 pm

As the title says, how did you decide on your game name. Mine i've had since Call of Duty 1, when one of the guys on my first gaming community (yes i was ain another gaming community first) decided i looked like Bill Bailey.

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: How did you decide on your game name

Post by DarkDeamon » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:53 pm

Mine comes from my tabletop D&D and T&T days. Had a rather psychotic character with a very dark and vicious sense of humour that I used to roleplay scarily well apparently. After a particularly gruesome and bloodthirsty session, the GM said my character should be called Dark Daemon which stuck.
Steam wouldn't let me have that spelling initially so I ended up being deamon instead
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac
Putting my hacks on your PC :devil:

Stujb
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stujb

Post by Stujb » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:04 pm

Mines boring, it's the shortened version of my first name and initials. Stuck to it though, had it for nearly 15 years so it's staying.

0v3rz34l0u5
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/0v3rz34l0u5

Post by 0v3rz34l0u5 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:59 pm

When I first got dial up in 1996/7 (I was 14/15 at the time) I was trying to create a monster in a virtual arena and I wanted “blobble” (after Mr Blobby) (hey, I was 14/15!) but it was taken. After many attempts, I found shlobble was free. I ended up with that name up until I found out (via the urban dictionary) that it meant “nuggets of poo”.

My favourite comedy sketch of all time is Constable Savage (Not the 9 O’Clock News) and loved the way Roman Atkinson said overzealous. I was originally overzealous17 but it felt dull. I “leeted” it up and now I’m 0v3rz34l0u5.

phpBB [video]
Last edited by 0v3rz34l0u5 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

overzealous (adjective)
Too zealous; too enthusiastic or fervent.
"With his overzealous attempts to impress, he only managed to annoy them."

WarGanisM
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by WarGanisM » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:35 pm

Prior to 1998 I used to have random generated names, or whatever i could think of at the time. It wasn't until 1998 and the release of my favourite PC game called "WarGasM". I simply just copy pasted that as my name. However over the years and playing many MMO's, I started to run into many problems. 1) Overzealous CSR's censoring my name because OMG SEXUAL REFERENCES! and 2) competing for the name, as it had just become too a common game name. Thus I changed the name, merging the word Organism and War, to create WarGanisM. Although people still see it and read it as WarGasM?! Has it uses i guess.

Sometimes I use other names in other games, that always have the word War in it; examples of other names used: Warshade (class type from city of heroes) and WarSlammer (favourite Mutant League Football team) since generally everyone abbrevs the name down to just "War" anyway. So I typically do often run around with the name WarNC (War Never Changes) typically the "War" part of it, (and also the fact I love Fallout!) and use this as an Umbrella name for all the other alias that i use and have War in it.

So there ya go nerd out. :Blah: :cat: :dancebanana: :P :help:

BillBailey
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bill.bailey.9212301

Post by BillBailey » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Good stuff so far chaps, keep em coming

Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Post by Spawnsy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:45 pm

I created my first ever online account on a friend's pc to play BF2. He was fed up of me wrecking his stats, so told me to think of a name. My mind went blank. i tried a couple of things but they were taken.
Then I remembered that another mate had called his guinea pig "Sir Squeaks a lot. Defender of the chubby cheeks". I thought that was hilarious so i decided to try that type of thing myself. i didn't want to come across as big headed as i've never been a fan of "ghost killer", "creeping death", or "leetprohero". so corny. at that time i had never owned a games console or pc. i fucking sucked! so bad! a good game for me was getting a single kill in a 30 min long match! so Sirspawnsalot it was. my mate asked if i was sure, as the gaming community at large didn't tend to take well to self-labelled sirs, but i insisted that the self deprecating tone should get a small giggle maybe, and that i'd be ok. since then i've been spawns or spawnsy. only the rare few occasionally use the full sirspawnsalot.
EASY NOW

Chimp
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: Spacechimp3000

Post by Chimp » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:27 pm

Mine came from being inspired by the first living animal to be sent into space was a chimp. Always chuckled whenever I imagined him pulling on his little space suit, and a stern expression on his face as he slow motion walks towards the space rocket. Cause of this most people who knew me at school named me by Spacechimp or more commonly Chimp, but when I joined Steam in 2012 Spacechimp3000 was born. Still known as Chimp/Chimpy. (Or if you're Spawnsy: CCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP).
Gimme all your bannana's

Projectblue
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Projectblue51
Twitter: Tw@tter? No - I'd rather die

Post by Projectblue » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:16 am

Mine has two variants. The first acknowledges the USAF team to catalogue UFO sightings. It was called Project Blue Book. 90% of all sightings were explainable, meaning 10% were never explained - by expert pilots, astronauts and scientists.

The second is from Stephen Kings book 'The Stand' and it's the name of the man made pathogen that kills 99% of the population of the planet - Project Blue.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.