More on Squad...

We might not own a server, but we did once :'(
DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: More on Squad...

Post by DarkDeamon » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:22 am

The price has gone down a little now more providers are available. Am hoping they refine the server code more in the next few updates as that should reduce the price more if it's less resource hungry.
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac
Putting my hacks on your PC :devil:

xXxConvictionxXx
Able Seaman
Able Seaman
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198001534619/

Post by xXxConvictionxXx » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:23 pm

wel guys i have played BF2 project reality for years and i can tell you 1 thing if you wanna play as a team thats the place to be cos on most servers No mumble is auto kick by server :P no vehicle abuses=Bann no proper squad name=kick/Bann ect... wel so i realy wanna now how this game wil go but first :Wall: Potato PC :Wall:

EVL-TW@
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by EVL-TW@ » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:04 pm

spawnsy wrote:well. i've played 3 rounds now, and despite sucking balls, think it's worth playing. if/when we start getting members on together we'll whoop some ass for sure.
Very true Spawns
I was on there last night and this game relies on peops working together and using the MEDIC too, I got took out twice on the bounce by my own team mate and two medics standing at the side of me
didnt even bring me back.
I know for a fact if this was an EBS squad we would do quite well Especially with a good Squad leader like yourself Spawns.
I have only played for 2 or so hours and it is extremely hard and nothing like Insurgency which is a bad habit to get out of lol.
Need to get more EBS members to commit.

Spadgy
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: el_spadgy

Post by Spadgy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:21 am

Possibility of a game roster?
As in, We're playing on (DAY) at (TIME).
I'm willing to splash my cash on the 16th. payday.
Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap and lives are priceless.

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:45 am

Spadgy wrote:Possibility of a game roster?
As in, We're playing on (DAY) at (TIME).
Not a chance of rostering me as it depends on how knackered I am when I sit at the keyboard - I like to play medic which is hard work if done properly or I'll do squad leader if it's forced on me which can be bloody hard work
Spadgy wrote:I'm willing to splash my cash on the 16th. payday.
More I dig into this, the more I think we should wait till it goes to beta. The alpha code is quite resource hungry on the servers and you can have fewer instances running per server which means it costs more per slot. Gaming Deluxe (host our insurgency servers) currently don't offer squad servers and are not likely to until beta,

When you browse through the server lists, there are currently a lot of servers out there that see very little action. We could possibly pick one of those and use it as a temporary EBS home for training and the like. You tend to find that once a server gets between 10-15 people on and drifts towards the top of the server list, it soon fills up.
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac

HOOTER
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by HOOTER » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:04 pm

That makes a lot a sense Dark , I would be willing to give that a go .

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:42 pm

tbh, I think if we're going to stand a chance as a squad in squad, we're going to have to practice proper tactics, fire and manoeuvre, building/ compound clearance, moving across country and, when they arrive, vehicle tactics.
I've played on servers where opposition squads were doing this and they totally kicked arse and dominated the map.

It's going to be a pain while we're using public servers but if we get our own server down the line and can admin it, I can see it ending up like insurgency where we will attract like minded players to the server.
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:06 pm

Playing on one of the BVAR servers tonight and one of their guys was asking after Age and Spawnsy! Remembers EBS from playing on our servers in the BF2 days and knows Lexx!!

Small world!
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac

Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Post by Spawnsy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:43 pm

hmm. do you recall a handle? did he say?
EASY NOW

DiddicoyUK
Petty Officer
Petty Officer
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DiddicoyUK
Twitter: blaynparkinson

Post by DiddicoyUK » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:59 pm

Squad is certainly looking good. Had my eye on it for a while but £29.99 at the moment makes me pause. I'm definitely in for an EBS Squad presence, but will probably wait till beta.