Temp Theater

Chat about our Insurgency server

Do you want to continue using the 35 Angry Bots theater until I get my theater finished?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:57 pm

No
14%
Yes but only on a few maps - please post what maps below
57%
Yes on all maps
29%

Total votes: 7

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Temp Theater

Post by DarkDeamon » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:57 pm

Ok everybody peeps.....

As a test, we've had the 35 Angry Bots theater running on our server tonight on the maps Dry Canal and Panama Canal. This theater is going to be the base theater for the new one I'm currently developing and I was checking that I'd done the necessary changes to our server config correctly to be able to run this without any errors.

Not only were there no errors but the feed back from those who were prepared to wait for it to download (it's bloody huge) was quite favourable.

It's going to take me a further 2-4 weeks to get my theater into a usable state (I'm losing two full weekends to work and I've got a sailing theory exam sometime soon as well). As some of you got rather moist over some of the weapons, I thought I'd give you the option for further early access!

Have a play and give me your feedback.
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac
Putting my hacks on your PC :devil:

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Re: Temp Theater

Post by Ztranier » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:06 pm

after downloading for about 1hr the original Theater ist been lots of fun to play with weapons i´ve never seen before

its been a great time then to me and i am glad to be able to see your theater v5 growing!!!!

taran
SWO
SWO

Post by taran » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:55 pm

Had a romp this mrn with quite a few ebs guys, and was allot of fun, but so many weapons its really hard to be objective about them..

I think it might be a good idea and kinder to not force everybody on the server to down load this if it is only for two maps,

we can just point our people to the workshop item and get them to subscribe manually? its 1.2gb

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =859127166

perhaps keep it as it for a few maps, and we will all know which ones to choose.

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Post by Ztranier » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:09 pm

i´m with u @tarAn

guess the new theater shouldn´t be broken over the knee

if it is just a copy of the 35 angry bot Theater with a different map rotation it wouldn´t be the thing i´d like to see

but i will make my click on the voting thing and post my favorite map to be added to the provisionally monster gun rotation

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Ztranier » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:10 pm

ahoi DakD please add the Highjacked map

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:49 pm

They guy(s) who created the 35 angry bots code has completely replaced the NWI theaters with 24 custom ones roughly following the NWI layout. They've simplified it massively by only using 2 templates for security and not restricting any of the weapons. It's also a bit one sided as the insurgents are no where near as well equipped.

I've got a large massaging job to merge their work with mine to slim down the weapon choice and give the bots a bit of a kick up the arse. My first attempt broke the explosives completely. I'm not even going to go into what happened with the 2nd attempt but the 3rd attempt is now progressing quite nicely.

Depending on work this weekend, I may be in a position to go live with a basic setup by next sunday.
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac

Mauser
Leading Rate
Leading Rate
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gmauser/

Post by Mauser » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:40 pm

First of all thank you for taking the time to do the theater. I played it for the first time earlier today and I had a lot of fun with the new weapons :D

As for the voting I vote to have the Temp. Theater on just one map for now till you think it's ready. I liked it on Panama so I'll vote for that.

taran
SWO
SWO

Post by taran » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:33 am

Had a few more rounds on this with the crew, and the more I play ot the more I think what we have is better dont flame me..

It makes the Security forces like some superpower, and becomes a bit silly and pointless, its fun lots of new toys but I think it will wear off pretty quickly.
I have no idea out for the 100 or so weapons how you could choose 4 or 5 to add to your theater files without making it a different game.

35AB is a different thing, like oranges and apples..Perhaps we should go the whole hog and add the sernix medics?

what started out as a request for a few weapon tweaks... we might be getting a bit lost here.

IMHO and with huge respect.

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:54 am

I'm nerfing some of the more powerful weapons and giving more kit to the bots to = out
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac

taran
SWO
SWO

Post by taran » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:46 pm

in Darkness we trust. :)