both servers

Chat about our Insurgency server
warlock359205
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

both servers

Post by warlock359205 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:26 pm

@darkdaemon since the latest update when you get time can you dial the amount of armour /damage the bots have as they seem to be nearly invincible to every weapon/fire/grenade you throw at them, they also now just seem to walk straight through fire as well.

WarGanisM
Midshipman
Midshipman

Re: both servers

Post by WarGanisM » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:54 pm

AHA I see all great Wars think alike! and posted the same issue at the exact same time lol. I've deleted my thread and pasted it here.

Difficulty issue since the last update server#1
Since the last update (saturday I believe) the game has noticably gotten harder, now obviously the update has brought some quirks with it; such as new spawns and slightly different behaviours which need to taken into account and mentally adjusted too. If this was just the case I wouldn't normally say anything, however over past couple of days I've noticed more and more bots taking and requiring more bullets to kill, I was going to put it down to some other cause like potential lag or hit reg, or maybe just some bullets missing that can't be 100% proven or accounted for. So I was initially going to keep quiet, until playing District with Warlock and Mr Dribble tonight; where we literally saw Bots surviving Grenades, and taking rediculous amounts of fire/hits from all players. The icing on the cake was when all of of us, had the first enterance covered, and waited and fired on the insurgents at the choke point, only to have one bot tank all 3 of us firing at him, casually walk straight, then left, and then as me and Mr dribble straffed right to gain angle, both of us fired upon him, to both be systematically killed by it. That single bot literally absorbed a total of 15-20 rounds before dying and killed 2 out of the 3 of us. In about 10minutes of game play and having our asses handed too us, to the point we couldn't reach B, and we only made A with Last Man standing, with mulitple occurances of Turbinator Bots, eventually Mr Dribble left with the words "Yea i think I'm going to find another Server."

Am I going Insane? getting worse (quite possibly) or is anyone else able to corroborate my observations? I don't mind difficulty by way of hard situations, bot stratergies and accuracy, but the I absorb bulletsbots not so much. :confuddled:

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by DarkDeamon » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:40 am

Hmmm, will have to look into this as I'm not sure just what I can do about their damage taking capability! May just have to turn down what they can dish out.

It's Friday soon so I'll have the day to research and tweak
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac
Putting my hacks on your PC :devil:

warlock359205
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by warlock359205 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:13 am

I don't know if you have had time to look up all of the last update it we have all noticed on all Max subtle changes like bots using windows they never used before and spawning I totally different places than before , one part of the update was specifically t do with not behaviour so if you can turn them down slightly it would be good if not we will have to up our game even more.

Vichand
SWO
SWO
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044439923

Post by Vichand » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:01 am

I agree on the apparent bullet-sponginess of the bots. Been seeing a lot of clean hits to the torso and even the head require a follow-up when previously the bot would've gone down. The fact that this occurs even with AP ammo is slightly worrying, and the HP ammo I used to load into my sidearm has become totally useless, now requiring up to three clean hits from close range with the .45.

On the matter of the new behavior, I quite like it. The bots using the windows brings a new element into consideration, and I have actually seen enemy snipers just roost on rooftops and in windows. This adds to the challenge, and discourages rushing on open ground, instead gearing us towards using cover tactically and actually covering the windows as well. Not to mention that the snipers just rushing you and taking accurate shots from the hip was just fethin silly.

Foobies
Captain
Captain
Steam: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/ebsfoo

Post by Foobies » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:26 pm

I noticed last night that after a successful defence of a counter I kept spawning in the middle of about 5 bots. At one point they were spawning in front of me where I had just spawned... have the devs made the spawns be in the same place or just bad luck on my part...