Age.
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/age_uk
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/age_dub
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheProvokedPrawn/

Re: Discord.

Post by Age. » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:02 pm

I think what Bill means are we'd like helpful, constructive input rather than people grumping at each other, that's all!
HILARIOUS Youtube videos
--->Donate to keep EBS alive<---
If you have problems, be sure to check the Guides Section for simple idiot-proof guides with screenshots 'n' all.

LynxGB
Captain
Captain
Steam: ttp://steamcommunity.com/id/lynxgb182
Facebook: ASk me!

Post by LynxGB » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:11 pm

I couldn't give a fuck what anyone means now, after speaking with my fearless leader privately my lack of "community involvement" invalidates any of my comments and nulifys my need to speak. So I hereby tell EBS and the shit ethos it has to go fuck itself, its only been 6 years. (Exception to those I love dearly)
I'm a noob

BillBailey
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bill.bailey.9212301

Post by BillBailey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:36 pm

Bye.

TokaiTele
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028417860/

Post by TokaiTele » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:53 pm

Such anger.

-Kro
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by -Kro » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:10 pm

So... when lynx and hawkeye give an opinion....It's seen as not helpful input... yet people are allowed to give immature answers and pretty much tell them to fuck off or shut up... and say good riddance.

Both Hawkeye and Lynx are good guys and the community is lessened by their departure. For what are we without the friends and the members of this community... EBS is just a name... it's the people within that make it up....

I'm not sure who said it. But I think a lot is being lost in the translation of text.... if you spoke to hawkeye and lynx and knew them whilst playing you'd know that you just lost 2 good guys. But it's just how things are interpreted over text.

Age.
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/age_uk
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/age_dub
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheProvokedPrawn/

Post by Age. » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:49 pm

LynxGB wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:11 pm
I couldn't give a fuck what anyone means now, after speaking with my fearless leader privately my lack of "community involvement" invalidates any of my comments and nulifys my need to speak. So I hereby tell EBS and the shit ethos it has to go fuck itself, its only been 6 years. (Exception to those I love dearly)
Pretty sure that's not exactly what I said now is it? And you're not offering any opinion or suggestions or helpful input, just grumping unhelpfully and publicly, about what? :confuddled:
HILARIOUS Youtube videos
--->Donate to keep EBS alive<---
If you have problems, be sure to check the Guides Section for simple idiot-proof guides with screenshots 'n' all.

Projectblue
SWO
SWO
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Projectblue51
Twitter: Tw@tter? No - I'd rather die

Post by Projectblue » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:50 pm

Bill has no tact or diplomacy. We know this.

Someone clever once said to me "you can't control people. you can only control your own response to that situation". If someone reacts badly, they react badly. This is a voluntary group. No one is employed. People can come and go of their own volition.

I really, really like Lynx (don't know Hawkeye) and we go way back. I really don't want him to leave. But he is a grown man and makes his own choices.

TokaiTele
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by TokaiTele » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:49 pm

I'm gonna lighten the mood. Hope you don't mind.

https://youtu.be/nYeIWSZHD3Y

Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Post by Spawnsy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:53 pm

Arnie! Please no! Please don't put another angry voice in here. We need facts and reason. Truths and observations.

I've just come back to the top of this post to find that two (no, now three) more have been made while I've been working on it. What you (all) are about to read may seem quite horrible: to pick apart a person's post like this, but it's important to actually read what is actually written. Don't scan posts, especially when they're important. Can we all please bear in mind that nobody reading anything here can interpret tone, inflection, facial expression, or body language. This means that the words we all choose to use are incredibly important. They can only ever be taken as read, and only as read. The following is an explanation of my thought processes when I read anything posted on the forum. I never skim read posts. I take it all as written. The following is in no way aimed specifically at Lynx, I'm just taking the latest example of a problem with the way members choose to word their complaints. My love and respect for Lynx shall be perfectly understood as you read on.

Lynx has been a fine member of this community for years. He's never given anyone cause for complaint (beyond normal acceptable human fallibility) before. He's friendly, open, welcoming, cheerful and lively, dishes out plenty, takes what he gets back in good spirit, exhibits good humour, and our voip and games have been all the livlier for his presence for many years.
No argument. Fact.
Lynx hasn't been playing so much these past few months. No complaints: come and go as you please.
Lynx hasn't posted in 4 months. Not a problem: again, come and go as you please.
This does make us unhappy though. Not because he's not doing what we expect of "a member" but for all the reasons stated above.

Then Lynx posted here:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:35 pm
Sorry I was so busy in my discord I didn't see this
Now, considering the gravity and tone of the rest of the thread, this was a very poorly timed joke, and the question "too soon?" most certainly applies. It was nevertheless a genuine attempt to diffuse through humour, making age's reply in keeping with such.
So far so good.
LynxGB » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Just some random Google Bot Bruh. I think its a shame we didn't offer an open door to Hawkeye I really like the guy. I wish we could either resolved his issues or at least admit we do have faults. We all get angry we all rage
I really like Hawkeye. Still. We tried to address his issues along with everyone else's, but they weren't very clear about what those issues are.
We did admit that EBS has faults, we asked what they are, we got no answer. Just further statements that some people were unhappy. It was me who made the first suggestion as to why people weren't using our discord. Nobody else offered a reason first. Smurf said his reason was different, so we made a plea to the members to populate our discord, changed some channels about, renamed them, and created an etiquette in an attempt to please the most upset and disconnected members. The new rules (which appear (on the face of it) to be the source of another complaint since) have been brought about by complaints, not some random desire to impose rules. I honestly don't know what else we were supposed to do with the information we were given.
I think it's a shame it ended up with him leaving too, but Hawkeye seemed to have forgotten any point he had originally been trying to make by the end of it. The argument became about the argument. Hawkeye was angry about all the arguing, yet ended up being one of the main participants. Age said he'd not be baited, at my request, so as to stop it. It takes two right? That's that. I don't think anyone is really happy with the outcome, but that's how it went. Sure, probably everyone could have handled themselves better, but there we go.
.....just ask the Bossman Agey Poo (I once made him rage cos I stabbed he banned me from EBS lolz)
This isn't factually accurate, and could worry and or upset members who were not previously concerned. More to the point, it will give vindication to those who are looking for it. This is damaging to the community whatever the intention. It's thoughtless in a thread which obviously requires consideration, and totally flies in the face of the idea of wanting to help. This causes further anger in an already angry thread.
I can see the story from both sides as I too have my grievances with the community to be honest at the moment. Way too many politics these days and so on a so forth, however it doesn't mean I dont love you all nor mean I dont want to be a part of these great place which is because of its great people.
Ok. So on the face of it this seems like a fair comment, but when you ask yourself what the problem is and how to fix it, you see that no specific problem is stated or defined.
Both sides. One side wants to know what the problem is and how to deal with it, the other side is merely repeating that there is a problem, that they too agree that there is something wrong, but none say what the problem is.
What politics?
So on and so forth?
What specific issue are we talking about? What help or solution is offered?
This is common to most of the complaints made in this thread. So here we now have a long-standing member telling everyone that there are issues and that he's not happy, but he's not said what or why. Why has a near six star member joined in with the complaining in such a way? None of the admiralty has a clue. I have asked. I first asked at 2032, and was told:
recently its seemed a bit hard for non EBS to become intergrated easy, there seems like many hoops, despite vouching
I replied:
i'm not sure in what way a person can become integrated except to log into our discord, play with our members, and get to know people.
20:36 - =EBS= Spawnsy: and let's be honest, that's easy.
20:36 - =EBS= Spawnsy: just play. that's it. play with us.
20:37 - =EBS= Spawnsy: what am i missing? i'm obviously missing something?
It's currently 2305 (at this edit point), and I still have no response. I'm certain that that's because there isn't one. Nothing pinpointed. No specifics. No example.

Continuing:
I think its a shame that even though mostly being calm and not losing it with a member we pushed him out sucks.

This is barely english. I have read it at least 10 times trying to fathom it's meaning, but only come out with a sentiment. Yes it sucks. I'm glad that (I think) it's considered that we were mostly calm and not losing it. I echo the sentiment that it's bad that we lost a good member in such a way.
EBS does have problems and the problems are the toe the line or your gone sunny lad feeling that is going about. We seem to be missing the point of the community and making too many rules and to many things like you must use the forum blah blah blah to be considered to contribute.
Finally! Something specific! A point is made! The same point which has kept popping up. The point that I addressed in my first post and plea to the members. This was all explained perfectly clearly.
"Toeing the line" should not be considered a chore, it is membership. It's what is applied for. It's what you're happy about when you're granted your full tags. Stopping forum and discord usage makes you no different to a non-member. If a person doesn't game with us, doesn't use our discord, doesn't visit the forum and post from time-to-time, then in what way is that person behaving like a member? That's not a threat, that's a perfectly legitimate question, one for which there is no answer. It stands up to scrutiny as fact. If that upsets anyone then they need to look inward, not outward. If you're bored of posting and have no interest in gaming with the other members then that's fine. You don't have to make a song and dance about it, just fade away like the thousands (and I'm in no way exaggerating there: thousands) of others before you. Everyone is free to leave. It's no big deal, the whole community thing is not for everyone. It's fine. Really. If you don't make a fuss when you leave you can come back after as long as you like and everyone will welcome you. Lots of people have. We've had monster paddies thrown, proper nasty, personal departures, really public, followed by a message to a member a year or so later asking to come back. If you don't go out big, you can always come back. If you make a fuss, you're out for good. That's the way it's been. I'm not saying that Lynx can't come back. In fact I'm pretty sure he can. If Hawkeye wanted to offer some words I'd make his plea along side him.

I personally feel that my contribution be it not physical nor monetary that its I am here for everyone and I think I am very encouraging at getting people to get along.

See my second paragraph. I'm not going to gush any further.
I don't want anything for it, just respect that I give others. Anyway Kinda going off topic here. I want to be always EBS but I choose to play with others else where sometimes then I think that's my choice and that shouldn't exclude me from being in EBS.
What Lynx gets in return for his membership is his membership. They are one and the same thing. What does anyone "get for it"? I've been sitting here typing, re-reading, editing, considering, re-reading, ................for over two hours (edit: 3 hours) (edit: 3:45) now trying to get this message right once-and-for-all. What will I get in return? The community will still exist, and I will still be a part of it. Nothing else. I don't ask for anything else. I don't see what else anyone could reasonably expect.
It is every member's choice to game with who they like and where they please. That choice determines the extent of their involvement in the community. Fact. The more you're here, the more involved you are. If you're not here, you're not involved. It's insane to play elsewhere most of the time and then complain that you don't feel involved or valued. That's not a threat. That's an observation of reality. That's a fact.

Which brings us to the final comment. However you interpret it, order, plea, demand,
Reach out and fix it.......
So now that you all fully understand how I interpret a post from the viewpoint of a founding member, 10 year admin, with complete knowledge of the entire history of EBS, and how I relate only what is written, only what I can read, to the community as a whole, I ask one last time, once and for all, Fix WHAT? This is an open question. It's not meant with aggression in any way, but be in no doubt, my frustration is maximal.
If there is something that we, the admiralty, are missing here, please tell us, in a pm, openly and directly, without fear of reprisal. We all just want an end to this. If the answer isn't above, then ask the question, or let this be the end of it.
EASY NOW

TokaiTele
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by TokaiTele » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:32 am

For those that still aren't chilled

https://youtu.be/l7MY_cdUL1E