Re: Discord.

Post by Age. » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:24 pm

LynxGB wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:35 pm
Sorry I was so busy in my discord I didn't see this :P
No idea who you even are.
HILARIOUS Youtube videos
--->Donate to keep EBS alive<---
If you have problems, be sure to check the Guides Section for simple idiot-proof guides with screenshots 'n' all.

LynxGB
Captain
Captain
Steam: ttp://steamcommunity.com/id/lynxgb182
Facebook: ASk me!

Post by LynxGB » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Just some random Google Bot Bruh. I think its a shame we didn't offer an open door to Hawkeye I really like the guy. I wish we could either resolved his issues or at least admit we do have faults. We all get angry we all rage.....just ask the Bossman Agey Poo (I once made him rage cos I stabbed he banned me from EBS lolz)

I can see the story from both sides as I too have my grievances with the community to be honest at the moment. Way too many politics these days and so on a so forth, however it doesn't mean I dont love you all nor mean I dont want to be a part of these great place which is because of its great people.

I think its a shame that even though mostly being calm and not losing it with a member we pushed him out sucks. EBS does have problems and the problems are the toe the line or your gone sunny lad feeling that is going about. We seem to be missing the point of the community and making too many rules and to many things like you must use the forum blah blah blah to be considered to contribute.

I personally feel that my contribution be it not physical nor monetary that its I am here for everyone and I think I am very encouraging at getting people to get along.

I don't want anything for it, just respect that I give others. Anyway Kinda going off topic here. I want to be always EBS but I choose to play with others else where sometimes then I think that's my choice and that shouldn't exclude me from being in EBS.

Reach out and fix it.......
I'm a noob

TokaiTele
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028417860/

Post by TokaiTele » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:15 pm

We are very welcoming. Not sure what lead to Hawkey being disgruntled but I have a feeling that the Pubg episode was a catalyst.

I've been a member of many communities and EBS is the best of the best. We can't get on with everyone ; just as in the real world. Hawkey will be missed and I'm hoping that one day he'll be back.

LynxGB
Captain
Captain

Post by LynxGB » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:25 pm

No offence new guy I know how welcoming the community is, the disgruntled bit was being treated like a minor in a "equilibrium community" which actually doesn't exist. I could literally read the belittling in posts made him get angrier and angrier.
I'm a noob

Projectblue
SWO
SWO
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Projectblue51
Twitter: Tw@tter? No - I'd rather die

Post by Projectblue » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:24 pm

Ok. Well that escalated quickly for some people.

Here's my observations; They are not aimed at anyone. If you think they are aimed at you, you are either feeling guilty or they fit you. Deal with it.

In a Community like this, the 80/20 rule applies. 20% of the people do 80% of the work. 80% of the membership sit back and enjoy. 20% fund it.
New arrivals want to be seen as equals, yet haven't either put the ££ in, the work in, or the time in. They want their voice to be heard but get prissy when their suggestions are either not taken seriously or not addressed.
The Admiralty have worked VERY hard to get the community to this size. The bigger it gets, the more people will want to take part. Some people naturally want a say in whats happening. Others will happily follow. Despite several attempts to fracture, implode or otherwise capsize the boat by person or persons with alternative views or direction, things that normally destroy other Communities, the very core of this Community have kept it alive and to where it is today.
No one wants to be dictatorial, but this isn't a Co-op. It isn't the Peoples Front of Judea or The Judean Peoples Front. No one tries to be passive/aggressive or openly aggressive. If they do and it's meant, it would get acted on. Fuck knows, I've threatened to burn Lynx's house down once after the 99th time of being stabbed in a game!

Sometimes the vagueries of the electronic written word mean that the reader forms an opinion on how they are being spoken to. Some people spend their working lives writing documents, others spannering together the inside of an effluent tanker. In other words, some people are better at dealing with shit and others are better at getting their point across.

But people really need to park their ego's at the door. Me & Bill Bailey fight like women on WKD at the after club kebab shop sometimes. But I have the ultimate respect for him and what he does for EBS. Because it's not about us or our petty old man grumpyness. It's about respecting each other, the community and what we try to achieve.

Respect is earned it's true. But it goes both ways. If you have constructive comments, send them in. If it's JUST criticism, expect to be met with sarcasm. There is a reason we have over 18 rule. There is a reason we have a proby period. It's all borne out through (bad) experience.

Those of us that have been here a while like this community because it works. We aren't afraid of change, but if suggestions appear to have the capacity - in the eyes of the Admirality and SWO's - of destroying the community, don't be surprised if they are declined.

Finally if you feel wounded, hurt or damaged by what has been said on here now or previously. You can write to me at: ReachOutEBS, PO Box NoFcksGvn, Bleedingheartshire.

Thanks for reading. Hope the above is taken in the spirit it's intended. Much peace, love and friendship.

LynxGB
Captain
Captain

Post by LynxGB » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:51 pm

Just to make sure by the way I think you're all lovely..I just don't want to see us self destruct to some degree through arguing like kids in the playground I think you're all great and some of you genuinely hold a place dearly to me and I consider you true friends.

Love and peace brothers and sisters.
I'm a noob

Projectblue
SWO
SWO
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Projectblue51
Twitter: Tw@tter? No - I'd rather die

Post by Projectblue » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:00 pm

We know mate. Your heart is as big as you are ya daft bugger. :blush:

LynxGB
Captain
Captain

Post by LynxGB » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Love as always PB :devil:
I'm a noob

BillBailey
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bill.bailey.9212301

Post by BillBailey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:37 pm

I think everyone should shut the fuck up now.

LynxGB
Captain
Captain

Post by LynxGB » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Helpful Bill
I'm a noob