Non-game related chat
Spadgy
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: el_spadgy

Meet the fatties, 2018.

Post by Spadgy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Evening all,

As some of you know from the meet I'm not exactly a slim and spry chap. This was driven home looking at the pictures from the 2017 meet.
I had not realised until now just how unfit and out of shape I've become.

So on that point I've decided to take action. I'm going to lose 2 stone (12.7kg) or 4 inches off my waist for The Meet 2018.
at the moment I'm sitting at 17.4 stone (110.6kg) with a 38 inch waist.
I'm 5'11" (180.3cm).
The reason I've picked this target is because its realistic for me personally.

The whole reason I'm posting this here is because I might not be the only one who needs help and encouragement with my weight issues.
So if you do want to take action and kick the spare tyre get on to me or join in on this thread.
Set your own goals to suit your needs.

I've recently started Taekwon Do to help my cardio and flexibility. I'm also considering starting either Aikido or Judo to expand on that.
As my legs get stronger and my cardio improves I'm going to graduate from walking twice a week to running.

I've also drastically cut the carbs (Spuds) I'm eating (not the ones I'm drinking though) and have started packing a lunch for myself.

I'd appreciate if when you see me on discord you pop in and ask me how it's going and if I don't have any news of improvement you SLAG THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME!

Lots of love,
Spadgy. :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:
Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap and lives are priceless.

Chimp
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: Spacechimp3000

Re: Meet the fatties, 2018.

Post by Chimp » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:22 pm

Good for you mate, personally not big just un fit. But attend a gym 3 times a week now so hopefully will change
Gimme all your bannana's

BillBailey
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bill.bailey.9212301

Post by BillBailey » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:28 pm

Well done Spadgy, good luck in your endeavours.

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Post by Ztranier » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:36 pm

Feeling fat and un fit also, thats why i have started to do some cycling againg

Chimp
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: Spacechimp3000

Post by Chimp » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:48 pm

BillBailey wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:28 pm
Well done Sprigs, good luck in your endeavours.
Spriggs?? Take another look mate hahaha
Gimme all your bannana's

Stujb
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stujb

Post by Stujb » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:52 pm

You are half doing the right thing. If you feel that this is something you should do, then do it. Don't post here asking for support, this needs to be a 100% commitment from you.

As you have started TKD you need to commit or you will not progress. I studied a little known Korean martial art under an instructor who was trained by one of the first to be trained by Grand master Ki Ha Rhee, In his day you trained or you had the shit kicked out of you for missing a class. There is non if this these days, it's all very soft.

If you want to lose weight, you need to be committed to do so. It's all about self discipline.

Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Post by Spawnsy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:36 pm

it's all about 'shut up stu!' he can post what he likes and you'll let him.
spadgy is most welcome to have the shit ripped out of him for failing to control his mouth hole if he so desires. he can make a good start by spitting instead of swallowing. surely that'll put him half way there in a couple of weeks.
good for you spadg. don't mind stuj, he's just realised he can't see his dick either, that's all. not that's that's necessarily anything to do with the size of your bellies ofc.
EASY NOW

bennett
Commander
Commander
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jimsalt

Post by bennett » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:44 pm

Can't emphasise this enough, weight loss is more diet than exercise. I dont mean go in a diet, I mean change your diet. change it to less beer, more greens, less happy macs etc etc. Going out in the lash? have a gin and diet tonic instead of a pint. Fat is not evil, sugar is. Dont pick up a low fat yoghurt becase its low fat, chances are is 2x/3x sugar than a full fat yog. And take the long steady road to weight loss. Dont go smashing 5-6 pound loss a week. Its not good for you'll probally just yoyo.

I was bearing down on 20stone, I know its hard, you'll pleatue and you'll get dishearted. They'll be times you want to quit. Physical (running, weight lifting etc )goals are great, they fantistic. they give you focus. you'll see results better from week to week than you will by looking in a mirrior.

Then one day you'll wake up and there he is, your little phalic buddy, you've not seen him in years with out the use of a mirror but hes there! He's happy to see you, you're happy to see him too. You see him wave, you wave back! Run Credits

Stujb
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stujb

Post by Stujb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:25 am

Spawnsy wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:36 pm
spadgy is most welcome to have the shit ripped out of him for failing to control his mouth hole if he so desires. he can make a good start by spitting instead of swallowing. surely that'll put him half way there in a couple of weeks.
good for you spadg. don't mind stuj, he's just realised he can't see his dick either, that's all. not that's that's necessarily anything to do with the size of your bellies ofc.
No need for the insults.

Spadg, there is a reason behind my comments rather than just insults. You need to be right in the head to be able to change who you are and how you live. People insulting you will more than likely make you want to say 'fuck you, I'll do what I want'

I'm not going to tell you what to do, you're a grown man. You need to make your decision on how to live your live

Ztranier
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: =EBS= Ztranier [DPT]/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008007768/

Post by Ztranier » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:54 am

Stujb wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:25 am
Spawnsy wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:36 pm
No need for the insults.

Spadg, there is a reason behind my comments rather than just insults. You need to be right in the head to be able to change who you are and how you live. People insulting you will more than likely make you want to say 'fuck you, I'll do what I want'

I'm not going to tell you what to do, you're a grown man. You need to make your decision on how to live your live
think that u don´t need to change your whole life m8, from my point of view it is enough to fine tune it a bit.
and if targets (weight; waist size; miles u do run.....) do help u, its great if it comes from inside your holy brain and body!!!!

do not do it for someone else fatggy. just for yourself :cool2:

but i do not think that Jogging is the best way to do it, might be better to go swimming or cycling instead, the load on the joints are less then