Re: Meet the fatties, 2018.

Post by warlock359205 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:18 am

Well done Spadgy, good luck in your endeavours

Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Post by Spawnsy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:31 am

bennett speaks from xp. great words there mate. it's not worth doing much more than you're willing to do for the rest of your life. a little exercise to keep the heart and lungs healthy is all that's needed, and eat the right stuff. if you're making an enormous effort to lose the weight then it'll be difficult to maintain the effort long term. the effort should be put into food discipline, as bennett so accurately says.

stuj, did you not speak with spadgy at the meet? do you not recall what he is actually like? :confuddled: jokes are allowed, especially insulting ones, they're even encouraged. (cunt! ;) )
and what's all this 'do it yourself' nonsense? if he wants to announce his efforts as a rallying cry for support from his favourite gaming community then he can, and he will get said support. :blush:
EASY NOW

Spadgy
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: el_spadgy

Post by Spadgy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:34 am

Stujb wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:52 pm
You are half doing the right thing. If you feel that this is something you should do, then do it. Don't post here asking for support, this needs to be a 100% commitment from you.
Actually I think here is the best place to post it. Because I do need support. I'm committed now, but when it gets harder I probably will flag.
I was under the impression that it was your friends you turned to for that.
bennett wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:44 pm
Can't emphasise this enough, weight loss is more diet than exercise. I dont mean go in a diet, I mean change your diet. change it to less beer, more greens, less happy macs etc etc. Going out in the lash? have a gin and diet tonic instead of a pint. Fat is not evil, sugar is. Dont pick up a low fat yoghurt becase its low fat, chances are is 2x/3x sugar than a full fat yog. And take the long steady road to weight loss. Dont go smashing 5-6 pound loss a week. Its not good for you'll probally just yoyo.
Agreed, I have done a fair bit of research into this, as well as getting advice from my missus (european Kettlebell silver medalist).
I eat an unrealistic amount of Carbs and my sugar intake is very low. Spuds, bread and pasta I probably eat by the ton. I'll put it to you this way, I'll happily eat 500g of carbonara or I order 2 sandwiches. It's my cooking habits that need to change the most.
As for the beer I actually don't drink much often, but when I do it's usually work related.
All in all I need to stop being a glutton.
Spawnsy wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:31 am
stuj, did you not speak with spadgy at the meet? do you not recall what he is actually like? :confuddled: jokes are allowed, especially insulting ones, they're even encouraged. (cunt! ;) )
and what's all this 'do it yourself' nonsense? if he wants to announce his efforts as a rallying cry for support from his favourite gaming community then he can, and he will get said support. :blush:
It's not just about me either. Other of our husky lads may need some help and encouragement. Changing your lifestyle is hard, if you can do it yourself great, but the rest of us need help. The reason I'm the one who posted is that I'm fairy shameless. So this is an opportunity for them to get active and have their friend both encourage and mock them.
Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap and lives are priceless.

Age.
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/age_uk
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/age_dub
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheProvokedPrawn/

Post by Age. » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:47 am

I too am a fatty. So I commend your efforts. I realised I had an issue around 2 years ago when I saw holiday photos of my beach body. Grumpy I set out to lose weight and put on muscle. I've been weight lifting and using kettlebells since then. I didn't want to go on a diet, because diets are bullshit and you'll just fall back into old habits. So I changed lifestyle instead. I cut out carbs. I don't eat pasta, rice, bread, pizza, etc anymore except on rare occasion. It worked for a while then I started putting weight back on again. The problem with weighing yourself is it's a crap way of tracking success if you're also putting on muscle.

Went on holiday again this year. Again realised I was still fat and not achieving. So pushed harder. I've reduced portion sizes and now track my calories via an app called Lifesum. If you do any research into fitness, everybody and their mother says "a six pack starts in the kitchen". You need a caloric deficit to lose weight and boy is that hard as cardio isn't great for burning calories. So you need less! I was amazed just how many calories there are in things. A small box of chicken wings, for example, have around 1,500 calories in them. Since you're only meant to have somewhere between 2,000 and 2,500 calories a day, that's basically your entire lot gone in one go. Madness. Southern fried chicken? Two children breasts = something like 700 calories. That's my favourite things ruined. Even a banana has 150 calories.

Anyway. Start tracking, reduce portion sizes and get some exercise in and you'll soon see it come off. I went from 16 stone 4 to around 14 stone 10 on about 3 weeks.

Want to shed more but will likely hit a wall and annoyingly trying to build muscle needs more calories. So my goals are a bit tougher.

Once you get going though. It's great.

Try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... hapeupclub

Drink loads of water to feel full and eat less. I have around 2.5-3 litres a day. That app helps track that too.

Also, skinless chicken breast and broccoli is your friend.
HILARIOUS Youtube videos
--->Donate to keep EBS alive<---
If you have problems, be sure to check the Guides Section for simple idiot-proof guides with screenshots 'n' all.

Satan
Captain
Captain
Twitter: https://twitter.com/stevesmediasolu
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/srw1966

Post by Satan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:09 pm

About 5 years ago i was 106kg, i got down to 88kg and now hover around 93kg, im 6ft. It took about 8/9 months at the time and find it now harder to keep it down than it was to get it off. Once went to see nurse for a check up, she asked how much i ate and she pointed to a medium sized plate she had on the wall and said buy a smaller plate and don't stack your food. I did it without exercise never been in a gym in my life and didn't really watch my booze intake just cut out all the crap and ate less, oh, bread is the absolute enemy cut that out and you will be en-route! Good luck with it!!!
Dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians!

Stujb
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stujb

Post by Stujb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:58 pm

Spawnsy wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:31 am
I've been reading Alan Carr's 'The Easy Way' to quit smoking, I've not read it all yet so don't ask if it works.
He's got another book out about losing weight @Age. from the reviews there's also some who have said that those who suffer from IBS have been helped. Of course there's good and bad reviews, but from the bad ones I've read, I do wonder if they struggle to dress themselves.

In the quit smoking book it really does change your perspective about a lot of things. I'll post more in a few months if it has worked.

Tongue in cheek @Spawnsy; but if insults worked then weight watchers would just have a comedian at every meet insulting everybody until they lost weight, cunt ;)

I don't know, the truth is there is no easy fix, if there was, we would all be body beautiful. I think everybody is different and everybody needs their own 'way' and until they find that, then one suffers with the constant battle.

Spadgy, I can say and I'm sure Spawnsy and Razor will agree, martial arts will not only help you lose weight, but will give you an awful lot of self confidence. It certainly did for me, I was a very shy and quiet chap before.

Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

Post by Spawnsy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:01 pm

:lol: You're making me laugh now @Stujb I don't think spadgy has any confidence issues!
Seriously mate, think of the person you reply to before you decide what you might reply. Did you not talk with him at all? Or were you the only person who didn't hear him within a 500m radius at the meet?
Roflcopter.
EASY NOW

Stujb
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stujb

Post by Stujb » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:44 pm

@Spawnsy I think you will find the definition of confidence is somebody who is confident in whatever it is they are doing. Spadgy is not confident which is why he needs to social crutch from other people to help him lose weight. If he was confident, we would not be having the conversation as Spadgy would confidently be able to do whatever it is he needs to do, in this case, lose weight.

Just because somebody is loud it does not make them confident. It means they are loud.

IRAZORI
SWO
SWO

Post by IRAZORI » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:45 pm

You need to do cock push ups. I can do 1.

IRAZORI
SWO
SWO

Post by IRAZORI » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:49 pm

On a more serious point. Try the Joe Wicks books. Plenty of food recipes and exercises in the back of the book to build muscle and raise metabolism.