I want to, but don't know yet. :S
29%

Total votes: 35

Spawnsy
Admiral Of The Fleet
Admiral Of The Fleet

The Meet 2016. It's FREE!

Post by Spawnsy » Tue May 10, 2016 9:49 am

=EBS= will be 9 years old. There have been 6 meets in 8 years.
Many people come year after year, but there are always new faces. Don't worry about not knowing anyone: of course you know people, you game with them all the time! Sure, things can be slow to start, but real friendships are formed here. This is how =EBS= bonds and stands the test of time.
If you can come, but don't, then you're really missing out. People make a serious effort every year. We've had members drive friends for 6 hours to get here, coming from as far as Truro and Whitehaven, picking others up from airports along the way. People have even travelled from Germany, The Netherlands, and more. Honor of Duty cut his holiday short one year, left his family, and flew in from Switzerland [If I recall correctly]!!

The Meet is open to all members who would like to come. Come and meet the people you game with, and the guys who pay for it and run it all for you. Food and drink with background music, outside and in.

Loughborough. J23 M1.

ARRIVALS
It will be held on fri 19th [arrive before 8pm], and the main event sat 20th of august [from 2pm] at my house. Go home on sunday please. Preferably before dinner so me and Rox can relax before going back to work!
I can collect people from the train station if necessary, as usual, and from East Midlands Airport by special request.
Arrivals before 8pm friday are fine. If you would be later than that I'd prefer you wait until the sat, otherwise it'll be too late to go out.
We usually go into town on the friday if possible and sensible, get a burger or something from somewhere and then go to a pub for a few drinks. Bring your I.D.'s you younguns!
Sat at chez Spawns from 2pm.
Same difference as last year. I'll make a big pot of chilli. We'll still have the bbq for those who wish to cook for themselves or contribute food, but there won't be any need for everyone to buy 6 burgers and only eat 2!

ACCOMMODATION
Bringing your own tent or booking a B+B are the best options for getting a decent spot to sleep. Camper vans welcome. Everyone is expected to share their tent if asked.
Sleeping on the floor in the spare room and the lounge, and using the sofas gives us room for about 12 in the house. The rest of the space is in the garden in tents. Small 2 and 3 man tents are best. Large ones have spaces between the bedroom compartments which waste space. In total we can accommodate about 28 if we don't waste space and pitch tents carefully.
Whatever your plan, bring a sleeping bag and pillow, carrymat or inflatable mattress. Bringing spares gets you bonus points.
You can websearch for b+b's if you prefer that option.
Any questions, I'll answer ofc.

DIRECTIONS
Drive: to Tesco, 5 mins walk from my house, LE11 2EX Park Road to get your drinks and food, then call or text for my address. Drivers please pm me for my number, I'm not going to publish it for obvious reasons. If you already know where you're going please give me at least 10 mins warning to make sure I'm not out picking someone up!
Train: to Loughborough, Midland Mainline, Central Trains. Let me know what time you'll be arriving before you book your ticket please!
Fly: to East Midlands Airport. Liase with me on times and tickets please.

For all the newer members who have joined up more recently, I can't stress enough what a wonderful thing it is to meet you. The meet makes what we do real.
EASY NOW

DarkDeamon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: The Meet 2016. It's FREE!

Post by DarkDeamon » Tue May 10, 2016 10:07 am

Am not 100% sure where in the world I will be that weekend. If it's the UK then I'm in!
aka EvilB@stard
Insurgency Config maniac
Putting my hacks on your PC :devil:

HonorOfDuty
SWO
SWO

Post by HonorOfDuty » Tue May 10, 2016 11:27 am

It's a financial question for new seeing that I'm going to south Africa for 3 weeks so I'm not sure yet

Sent from my Nexus 5

Foobies
Captain
Captain
Steam: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/ebsfoo

Post by Foobies » Tue May 10, 2016 7:40 pm

It's a possibility that i might make it. It's my Weekend to work but could possibly swap a couple of days to get there ;-)

BillBailey
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bill.bailey.9212301

Post by BillBailey » Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 pm

Checked the dates of my mates wedding and it's the week before. :dancebanana:

DogSteel
Leading Rate
Leading Rate
Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/steelbult

Post by DogSteel » Wed May 11, 2016 5:06 am

Sadly i can't i live in the netherlands and need to work :(

warlock359205
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by warlock359205 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:14 am

Same as last year for me , just wish I could.

Projectblue
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Projectblue51
Twitter: Tw@tter? No - I'd rather die

Post by Projectblue » Wed May 11, 2016 6:14 pm

Wtf - Premier Inn is £80 already :Wall:
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

BillBailey
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bill.bailey.9212301

Post by BillBailey » Wed May 11, 2016 6:54 pm

@Projectblue
Trivago

DiddicoyUK
Petty Officer
Petty Officer
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DiddicoyUK
Twitter: blaynparkinson

Post by DiddicoyUK » Wed May 11, 2016 9:59 pm

Good motivation to get a move on with the camera van conversion... Dangerously close to the wedding anniversary though!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk