Chris_86
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2

Post by Chris_86 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:28 pm

Age. wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:10 am
No premium. Hahahaha. As if.
Be interesting to see how they keep the DLC coming without Premium / base game price increase, however there's the very valid argument that the free DLC will increase base game sales over time, and that's a model that not many publishers have experimented with and it's not a model you can prove, which the suits don't like, but in my opinion it's a good model. Attracts a huge player base beyond the launch and there's comparatively little investment needed compared to making the initial game...
Origin/Steam Inaccurate_Panda
Rig: i7 7700K, Corsair H115i, Gaming 7 Z270, Corsair 2x8GB 3000, Asus A8G GTX 1080, Corsair RM750x, Samsung 500GB + 750 GB SSDs, WD Blue 4TB, Corsair Crystal 460x || Asus ROG Swift PG279, Dell U2417HA || Corsair K70 RGB Cherry Brown, Razer Deathadder

bennett
Commander
Commander
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jimsalt

Post by bennett » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:55 pm

0v3rz34l0u5 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:51 pm
Star Wars is okay but as Obi Wan said, “This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon.” I liked Battlefront but it won’t be Battlefield.
"Hokey religions and acient weapons are no match for a good [rifle] kid"

It dosen't want/need to be battlefield either. Its starwars, its stupid(in the good fun way), its crazy old space wizards shooting lightning and 7 foot tall jungle space bears. It's letters of the alphabet shooting red twislers at Fish eyes with various different wing shapes. Its the Joker locked in a epic struggle to bring Mufasa back from the brink. Point is, its what ever you want it to be and to lock it into battlefield is just silly.

N.B
Droids and clones and Foxtrot Romeo Oscar[/spoiler]

0v3rz34l0u5
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/0v3rz34l0u5

Post by 0v3rz34l0u5 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:14 pm

I liked the first game except I suck at firing a laser. My accuracy must be 0.01%!

0v3rz34l0u5
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/0v3rz34l0u5

Post by 0v3rz34l0u5 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:14 pm

eightbitpixel
Able Seaman
Able Seaman
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970180272/

Post by eightbitpixel » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:42 am

I have played the beta this weekend and im divided in my opinion. I found the spacebattle pretty fun but the regular multiplayer was just okay. I think this game is a wait for sale for me.

WarGanisM
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by WarGanisM » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:16 pm

It seems to make up for the DLC's etc being free they went down the route of ingame gambling loot box system.
I am interested in maybe picking this game up, based on two points.

1) how many peopl eher buy it, and 2) if anyone know if my mutated potato will be able to run it well enough?
I have 12gb ram which is plenty fine, and I have a GTX 770 which I believe is upto the job, the biggest issue is my first Gen i7-950 which is roughly 8 years old.

Will my processor be upto the job, as I don't think he even beats their minimum requirements. However this machine runs alot of games, for example it handles Warhammer total war very well, which i would say is very intensive on the processor, but at the same time its a very different sort of game compared to a battlefront type FPS.

warlock359205
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by warlock359205 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:24 am

Tbh war I would have thought that your processor would still be fine, it really depends on how many bells and whistles you want in the game,e.g. do you want to run it in ultra or are you ok with just medium or high.

WarGanisM
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by WarGanisM » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:12 pm

Yea medium and high is good enough for me, just aslong as its a smooth enjoyable experience. however I wouldn't want it to chug or play on low detail.
My rigs can play Total Warhammer, and thinking about it, it handles WarThunder on high which is a pretty game graphically.

However the more and more i'm reading about the loot crate system, i'm really starting to worry about this Game. Since in its current form seen in the beta it is actual pay to win. and the current unlock progression system is crazy.

Tbh I don't know why games have gotten locked into this mode of thinking of craming progression and rpg/leveling elements into everything. Yes progression can be a driver to add to longevity, but not always. Sometimes a fun game being fun enough is all that's needed. Sometimes these progressions shorten a game. People race the carrot ona stick, complete the progression and then get bored and quit.

However these crate system seems horribly broken :( I mean the game at current is fair, every one starts on a equal playing field, both sides are the same, same weapons etc just different skins. but now with these cards you get they give stat bonuses, and you can get them over time, but the grind is long, however they are selling them in gambling crates. The statistics boost in this leveled up cards is insane.

Boba fett death from above card gives 50% damage reduction when performing the ability, and gold version (level 4) of this card, gives 100% damage reduction. Completely invulnerable during the ability wth?!

The stats upgrades don't even make sense, like maybe a highish stat at level one, but then taper off the higher the level, (although I think any stats boost is bad in name of fairness tbh) but in this game they don't, at current the stat jumps are rediculous ranging from 5% all way to 40% at Gold.
Some of these stats changes are no small change statistically speaking, and some cards synergise with other ones, giving an exponential increase. the game looks very interesting, and I stayed away from SW:BF1 because of the pew pew fest it was, and heard what they were saying about listening to the base and making said changes. It appears they have done that, however it seems they have bootlegged this horrible crate system into the game which ultimately I feel could be its downfall.

Why they just didn't do cosmetics? gah EA!!! :( Still fingers crossed.

bennett
Commander
Commander
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jimsalt

Post by bennett » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:20 pm

@WarGanisM
your cpu should be fine, you should of tried the open beta though if you were intrested. They are demos these days anyway.

As for EBS members buying? probally not alot. Not for a serious contender to replace thier preferd game atm anyway.

WarGanisM
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by WarGanisM » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Yea I wish i had, but didn't find out until was too late, and was busy with work :(

Aw that's a shame, I'm all over the place with gaming atm. Don't realyy have a single game i'm really attached too. :(