BB Code Cool Features.

Need to know how to do something then look here first? Want to add a guide, let an Admin know.
Foobies
Captain
Captain
Steam: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/ebsfoo

BB Code Cool Features.

Post by Foobies » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Everyone knows how to type in a little text box, but sometimes plain text is either too dull, or doesn't get your message across as you would like....

Thats where BBCodes Come in :D

Now, What are BBCodes? They are the little clickable icons above the text box when you hit "Reply" or "New Topic", or even when composing a "PM"

Theyre all pretty simple to use too. But I'll quickly run through the BBCodes we have installed on the Forum.

If you want your text in bold, italics or underlined no probs we have that covered, you could even do all three
Easy enough to do, Just click the B i or u tags, then type between the tags. In The text editor it will look something like this.....

Code: Select all

If you want your text in [b]bold[/b] [i] italics[/i] or [u]underlined[/u] no probs we have that covered, [b][i][u]you could even do all three [/u][/i][/b]
Simples....

Like what someone has said, or want to refer to a comment a couple of posts before, use the Quote tab, and the text will appear in a quote box....
A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.

[quote]A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.[/quote] 
If you want to let people know who said it then you just add their name to the first part of the BBcode...
Winston Churchill wrote:A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.

[quote="Winston Churchill"]A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him. [/quote]
If you want the text to be indented like a "list" then click the "List" tab
  • 1. Buy a New Computer
    2. Install Game
    3. Kill Noobs!

[list]1. Buy a New Computer
2. Install Game
3. Kill Noobs![/list]
We will cover IMGand youtubetabs in another post.

To link to something off site you could just post the URL into your post like this http://www.reallyreallyreallylongunifor ... ff5bb19037 But thats a bit messy, simply put it in URL tabs like this....

[url=http://www.reallyreallyreallylonguniformresourcelocatorredirection.com/redirectionator.php?theredirectioncode=4e6b7ab5e9c4c7aef31e89ff5bb19037]This[/url]
and it will look like This Result

Now, gonna blast through the rest.... BIG TEXT

[size=200]BIG TEXT[/size]
Woo colour

[color=#8080BF]W[/color][color=#0080FF]o[/color][color=#40FF00]o[/color] [color=#BF4040]c[/color][color=#400080]o[/color][color=#BF8080]l[/color][color=#FF40BF]o[/color][color=#FF4000]u[/color][color=#FF0000]r[/color]
Ohhhhhh red (or any other "named"colour) background

[background=red]Ohhhhhh red (or any other "named"colour) background[/background]
Centered Text

[center]Centered Text[/center]
Edit: If you balls up and need to make an edit

[edit]If you balls up and need to make an edit[/edit]
Strikethrough

[s]Strikethrough[/s]
Hidden Content: show
Spoilers hide.... well spoilers...

[spoiler]Spoilers hide.... well spoilers...[/spoiler]
Theres more but theyre pretty self explanatory.... Apart from iframe.... its not an apple product, its a "window" to a website without leaving the forum....

Purdy!! (nb, doesnt seem to work with Google sites... Gmail, Google.com, youtube etc.

[iframe]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news[/iframe]
That's about it folks... Just the Image and Youtube codes to look at.