Mumble use

Need help with your PC hardware or software? Ask for it here
taran
SWO
SWO

Re: Mumble use

Post by taran » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:53 am

doesnt insurgency do this also, spawnsy???

will try a test out later today.

taran
SWO
SWO

Post by taran » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:05 am

Seems like a few members have the same issue, but not all the time, which makes me think it could be the positional audio, if the user is not near the other person ingame then the volume become too quiet?

I think this helped by unlicking the exclusive use box, which is in windows mixer, recording device and then properties, advanced.

also setting default device in mumble did not work at all as have another mic port on the machine, so setting this to the microhpne worked.

Deep down i think insurgenceys native voip code is pretty outdated and crud, as mumble seems not to have any problem

Allana
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Allana » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:30 am

my english isnt perfect so please forgive me when i am asking a question that is already anwered in a previous post...

1. do i need to reinstall mumble to change the language? its horrible to read all this stuff in german

2. in the settings in the topic "plugins" there is the possibility to tick the box "connect to game and transmit position" (or something like that. as mentioned before, its in german. for the fun: "Mit Spiel verbinden und Position übertragen).
Should i tick it?

eyzpick
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post by eyzpick » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:57 am

Allana wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:30 am
my english isnt perfect so please forgive me when i am asking a question that is already anwered in a previous post...
Don't worry, I think your English is better than most of EBS's Swiss's :dancebanana:
Allana wrote:
1. do i need to reinstall mumble to change the language? its horrible to read all this stuff in german
If I'm correct, yes
Allana wrote:
2. in the settings in the topic "plugins" there is the possibility to tick the box "connect to game and transmit position" (or something like that. as mentioned before, its in german. for the fun: "Mit Spiel verbinden und Position übertragen).
Should i tick it?
Keep it unchecked

Allana
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Allana » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:01 pm

Don't worry, I think your English is better than most of EBS's Swiss's :dancebanana:
lol, ok

and thank you for your quick answer.

Gorlami_Raverderche
Petty Officer
Petty Officer
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002898781/

Post by Gorlami_Raverderche » Thu May 04, 2017 3:03 am

BillBailey wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:33 am
Spawns Positional Audio is a feature of Mumble that places the people talking to you in a certain position relative to your own depending on their actual position in the game you are playing. This way you can hear the person like his actual avatar in-game would be talking to you.
That's right, but I believe it only works when there's a plugin for a specific game in mumble for it to work, like in Project Reality. So in our case, this feature is not really supported in INS, better disable it to minimize cpu usage.