World War Z

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

llSatanll

World War Z

Post by llSatanll » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:47 pm

Play game get classes slowly built up, format PC and reload World War Z and back to rank 1 all classes and every setting lost.

What i did find is Steam found all games installed and did its stuff without any reinstalling, Origin was a complete twat and had to reinstall everything but at least it remembered settings etc. Epic games remembered UT settings etc but not World War Z which i'm seriously annoyed about :twisted: if anyone knows how to fix this please help............

ProvokedPrawn
Site Admin

Re: World War Z

Post by ProvokedPrawn » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:16 am

Epic store is total trash. No cloud saves is so frustrating. No clue how to fix it if you didn't back files up first.
Donate to keep EBS alive ---->Image

0v3rz34l0u5

Post by 0v3rz34l0u5 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:17 am

Hmmmm, I've had a look and it would appear that it's not stored in the cloud as you'd expect. Your data is saved in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Saber\WWZ\client\storage\. This is STUPID as you'd need to back it up to prevent data and progression loss. Did you format your current drive or have you installed a new HDD or SSD?

If you have formatted your current drive, you could use a data recovery program such as iCare Data Recovery and see if you can recover. I've used iCare before and it's really helpful AND more importantly, it's free!!

llSatanll

Post by llSatanll » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:14 pm

0v3rz34l0u5 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:17 am
Did you format your current drive or have you installed a new HDD or SSD?
Zealous me old sock sandwich you've got my cogs turning, i have put a new ssd on my OS drive and back up 'my documents' as that always has alot of game config files but i don't recall seeing world war z. However although the game was installed on another drive if the game auto saves the config files ( %LOCALAPPDATA%\Saber\WWZ\client\storage\) on drive C i have not formatted my old SSD yet.....

llSatanll

Post by llSatanll » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:33 pm

Zelous you have come up trumps here mate a very big well done and thanks, i would not have thought of backing up that location in a million years just 'my documents' i have transferred the config files from my old drive from said location and its all back. This is a good bit of knowledge for any others who play WWZ or other epic games. Get yourself lubed up and i'l show you how truly greatful i really am xxx

0v3rz34l0u5

Post by 0v3rz34l0u5 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:30 pm

I've just got back from buying a massive tub of KY. I'm glad I could help! Leave this with me and I'll see if I can work out a way of backing up that location (e.g. to copy the files to OneDrive, Dropbox or other cloud storage medium).

0v3rz34l0u5

Post by 0v3rz34l0u5 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:23 pm

I've created a script that runs at shutdown which backs the data up to my OneDrive folder.

You can find more info on how to create a similar script here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=479

llSatanll

Post by llSatanll » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:40 pm

well done matey will have a play