Elite Dangerous - Alien Defence Patch. EBS Squadron Anyone?

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

Projectblue

Elite Dangerous - Alien Defence Patch. EBS Squadron Anyone?

Post by Projectblue » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:08 pm

Any Elite Dangerous Players here?

With the soon to arrive "Beyond - Chapter 4" patch about to land, is anyone interested in forming an EBS Squadron?

For those not aware, the B.Ch.4 brings the aliens (Thargoids) attacking Human settlements and stations. Stations not defended will be destroyed as the aliens roll through the Galaxy pushing Humanity back.

If anyone is interested, send me a friend request via Frontier under Cmdr Projectblue.

P.s. If you are thinking of starting to play it, there are no quick wins. It's a lot of work.
P.P.S If you already play it and are interested. Bring a BIG ship, with BIG guns. It's going to be 'eventful'.
“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”

rat-rsv

Re: Elite Dangerous - Alien Defence Patch. EBS Squadron Anyone?

Post by rat-rsv » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:15 am

I'm interested in joining a squadron, I've got a few ships one of which is a fully A rated corvette. Sent you a friends request

darkdeamon

Post by darkdeamon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:38 pm

Need to get back in to this
Putting my hacks on your PC by many devious methods

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:51 pm

Is this the modern version of the game called Elite i have played hundreds of hrs. late 80s?
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

DiddicoyUK

Post by DiddicoyUK » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:19 pm

I'd be interested though I'm currently 20k+ light years out from the bubble I've just been to Sag A and Colonia.

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:49 pm

Ztranier wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:51 pm
Is this the modern version of the game called Elite i have played hundreds of hrs. late 80s?
I'd say X series is closer, but yes
If a fool is a guy who lost is touch with the real world, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Knowledge and information
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:28 pm

never played or heard about X series
but i´ll check
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:11 pm

They are not exactly the same game :

ED is first a space sim where you have to master the many commands and upgrades of your vessels, and then use it to fight, craft or trade ... and I have a lot left to learn about this !

X universe is more focus on the sandbox side, although there can be a story. X3 allowed you to build and lead an Empire ( be it by trade or piracy or else ), owning thousands of vessels and stations, and organizing their production, transports, military missions etc ... but you can fly your own vessel and do anything a spaceship can do
If a fool is a guy who lost is touch with the real world, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Knowledge and information
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Wolf

Post by Wolf » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:53 pm

I haven't played ED in a while, but am interested in getting back into it.

If you haven't already, look into the voice packs. It's called voice attack and it's from https://www.hcsvoicepacks.com/ they do cost, but you can get voices like Brian Blessed being the voice of your ship. It works from a separate program, when you say a command, it will send an instruction to ED to do the things related to what you said, it's really good, and adds that little bit more immersion into the game, especially if you are using VR

Cercoza

Post by Cercoza » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:56 pm

Had it sitting in my Steam library for ages. Finally came around to playing it this week. Having quite a blast so far, but of course nowhere near a big ship with big guns, so I don't think I would be of much use. Sent you a friend invite nonetheless. By the way, is anyone taking part in the Distant Worlds 2 expedition that starts tomorrow?