Twitch viewers help me out?

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

ProvokedPrawn
Site Admin

Re: Twitch viewers help me out?

Post by ProvokedPrawn » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:11 am

Heros! Thank you.
I got raided last night which got me a few more as well.

Donate to keep EBS alive ---->Image

ProvokedPrawn
Site Admin

Post by ProvokedPrawn » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:53 pm

Martyrdom

ProvokedPrawn
Site Admin

Post by ProvokedPrawn » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:24 pm

What do people who watch Twitch actually like to see? There's so much in the way of overlays, alerts, chat in the stream, etc that you can overlay. At the moment I've basically just got the camera and the alerts and that's it. But I generally don't watch people streaming so it's hard to know what people might like.

Advice?

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:47 pm

Selfi cam is key imo and that Crab costume is cool because it is unique.
Also people like to see, noticed and anounced theire own name, so special overlay animations with Prawn typical memes for followers and subscribers also are needed.
I also often see a secondary cam which shows the hand on the keyboard making funny RGB effects
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:16 pm

and also check the channel points thing, people like to see growing theire stats
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

samuraipxi
Loading…

Post by samuraipxi » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:06 pm

Custom Overlays and animations for subs and followers help to make the channel look more professional. You can actually pay people not alot of money to make these for you on Fiverr.com
Custom Emotes are also hugely popular and almost collectibles.
A stream schedule helps people to know when to expect you on and enable them to tell others when to catch you.
WackyJacky101 is my favorite streamer. He posts alot of tips and breakdown videos on Youtube for PUBG, perhaps check out his channel for ideas.

DrDisrespect is probably the most outlandish when it comes to animations and personas though.

Spawnsy

Post by Spawnsy » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:30 pm

wacky is the pro. he's done some cinematic stuff worthy of film.
Facebook Ebs Spawnsy
Got the SQUEE?
Pick up your suffering and bear it.
Easy now.

WarGanisM

Post by WarGanisM » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:51 pm

As someone who was engaged to someone who was a partnered streamer, many years ago, Help run their channel, be part of a major stream team, and modded a few channels. From my experience, there's just as many successful channels with and without face cams. Overlays can be simplistic, or overly complex. What really matter's is your personality and content, whatever your angle may be. One thing though what I would suggest is that the length of your stream sessions, and frequency all have differing effects, on your success, (You will have to figure what works for you, and the community you build) however one thing that is key is consistency. try keep to a schedule, doing extra streams out side of the schedule is fine, aslong as you follow up with your advertised/known planned schedule. Try not to be overly logical in your approach, to what you think may or may not not work, the Twitch community is highly illogical, and fickle.

The key is to have fun, the second it becomes a job, which it easily can become, that's when it starts to go wrong for you mentally. Just like any hobby, sport or thing you get really passionate about, it's the mental blocks you run into that are always the issue.

Stream Teams are a double edge sword, you can get a good initial boost in follows, but the actual support from them, are very superficial, unless the stream team is made up of (true) good friends and equals. In reality and in practice they function as a ways for the creator (usually the dominant/larger/more popular streamer) to soak up all the less popular channels followers within the team. (yes call me cynical)

I've forgotten way more than I remember about Twitch (mostly on purpose tbh). If you get really serious into it, there's alot of metrics behind it, back when I did it, I was spreadsheeting like crazy, this was before the Twitch API was released, and all the new fancy metric sites arrived thsy can produce more figures and feedback, that you can ask for.

Twitch Cons are great fun, but mostly for the antics, community, drama and partying. Not really for learning anything. For me all the Cons presentations about learning, and teaching "how to become better streamers" are merely all PR, gimmicky and advertising for people on the outside, who stop by to have look-in and learn stuff, because they had no need to think about it in the first place. Most of it's common sense.

ProvokedPrawn
Site Admin

Post by ProvokedPrawn » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:11 pm

Thanks for the info. I actually like keeping it clean. Not expecting to make a job out of it. Just streaming when I'd always be playing anyway. And as an interesting extra side to my Youtube. Hopefully both will help grow each other.
Might try to keep it clean and relatively free of too many overlays as I think I prefer it that way.

ProvokedPrawn
Site Admin

Post by ProvokedPrawn » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:56 am

Thanks to those that followed. With your help and my YT subscribers I'm at 50 follows now! :)