PC racing games in 2020

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

Ztranier
Loading…

Re: PC racing games in 2020

Post by Ztranier » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:49 am

they have clemps (hope that is the right term, wie Schraubzwingen) u might need some rubber layer between them and your table cause the clemps are made from Plastics
you will get taken away to a dream land i bet when starting racing games after 15 years i am sure
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

knightmorphed

Post by knightmorphed » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:47 am

yeah I will give that a try. Can any of you show me an image of your set up? I just want to see what it looks like

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:34 am

btw: logitech Software might cause problems when another is plugged

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:49 am

Ztranier wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:36 am
so after you have seen all this @knightmorphed , my mention would be: go for a used Logitech wheel (i always liked Logi Hardware and there might be other good brands i didn´t had acces to but they are quite solid and have been state of the art over years) from Ebay first, and get a feeling on driving with a wheel.
Another thing is, to make sure that the pedal unit doesn´t slip away in the wrong Moment, i am sure that u have to build a self handcrafted barrier behind it when not having one of those seats

+10000

and yes Logitech software can be tricky sometimes ... My previous wheel was a Logitech Momo .... I still have it and the wheel itself is still OK and I have always been happy with it.... but not the pedals that failed definitely after 2 years, after I had fixed many times a recurent problem of calibration ans stability of the brake pot..... It revealed impossible to replace it by the same model, or to make the wheel work along with another USB pedal set at a decent price.
Thus the purchase of the Fanatec wheel

And so, I still have this logitech wheel, working ok but useless without pedals
If a fool is a guy who lost is touch with the real world, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Knowledge and information
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:17 am

i remember the time when my Friends and i have been in the heat playing the original "Formula one" game with the ThrustmasterT2 wheel, and in the middle of the season the gas peddal feather broke and we had almost a mental breakdown after contacting Thrustmaster and they told us that they will send us the repkit for free withing 6-8 weeks,
we couldn´t accept it and went to a nearby town called Solingen and found a great old Steeler who teached us to bake our own rep kit from flexible
feather steel and after just 2 days we were able to continue the season althought using of the fixed gas pedal was kinda workout.
The original feather steel was 1.4 mm as far as i remmeber and the new one was made from 2.4 mm, but a big shout out to Thrusmasters, the plastic fittings inside the pedal box did stand the extra presure just like that !!!!

Cold Blood Nor
Loading…

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:33 pm

Just found my dads old steering wheel in the basement, and it still works! It is a Logitech Formula Force EX wheel, not the most advanced, but it does its job. Image
Cold Blood out.

"What? Say something! Am I so beautiful that you've got no words left?" - Midna

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:57 pm

My wheel/seat :

The wheel+shifter is screwwed on a board, and the board can be released from my desk in less than a minute...

Last edited by Hairy Frog on Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If a fool is a guy who lost is touch with the real world, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Cold Blood Nor
Loading…

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:29 pm

@Hairy Frog is that a real car seat? Also, awesome setup!
Cold Blood out.

"What? Say something! Am I so beautiful that you've got no words left?" - Midna

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:55 pm

Yes it is, I had already said it in a post above : Ford Focus seat = 10€ in a breakage, kitchen workboard = 0€ sacavenged in one of my workyards

And the good old Fanatec Porsche GT3 RS + CSL Clubsports pedals

I can even re-install a belt if I turn too hairy :mrgreen:

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2020/04/ ... -business/

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

knightmorphed

Post by knightmorphed » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:17 pm

It looks unbelievable this set up....the space and equipment needed is proper man cave stuff. My wife would castrate me if I put this up in our shared home office. Its nice to dream though.....I still need to find a compromise where I clamp the steering wheel to office desk and rest pedals against the wall. You have definitely given me ideas. I love the story @Hairy Frog that you went to a breakers yard and bought a Ford Focus seat for 10 euros and that is better than any gaming seat you have tried....you just have to admire human ingenuity we are the top predator for a reason.