Escape from tarkov

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

SgtObvious

Escape from tarkov

Post by SgtObvious » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:17 am

Hey everyone!

Since i did not see a topic for Escape From Tarkov (EFT) i thought it would be cool to start one.

Maybe even do small intro for EFT players? Such as fav map,hours , gun, budget go to or are u a hatchling/rat?

If u are new to the game we have many experienced players and maybe even do planned events (like shotgun runs, 1on1 specific training, quest runs and maybe trade requests?).

Also if u are new u can acquire a welcome package (Small S I C C bag from me with important keys for customs, around 4mil worth).

If u are not sure if u wanna buy it, i would recommend looking up “kotton tarkov” (my fav streamer) or just ask us!

My hours: 600
My fav map: customs
Fav gun: m1a
Budget build: vepr hunter, uley rig, m80 bullets
Playstyle: chad

Hope to hear from u guys!
Greetings

SgtObvious

Spawnsy

Re: Escape from tarkov

Post by Spawnsy » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:00 pm

Excellent! Thank you for bringing this to the forum.
Facebook Ebs Spawnsy
Got the SQUEE?
Pick up your suffering and bear it.
Easy now.

Spriggs

Post by Spriggs » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:25 pm

I've recently got the game under said advisement and I've really enjoyed it when the servers are up :P
It has a steep curve to get your head around and it can be frustrating at times but its a great game from what I have played so far.

Only advice is to run at team of 3 max or else comms gets horrifically mauled and people accidentally get team-killed :S

Hours: ~35
Fav map: Customs (Only one I actually know)
Fav gun: AK-74M (Vepr Hunter a close second but just started running it)
Budget build: Whatever SgtObvious throws at me :P
Playstyle: Dunno, probably Slow and purposeful
I survived the great server crash (23/10/2018)
Gone but never forgotten

warlock359205

Post by warlock359205 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:16 am

I have looked at this ,but is it multiplayer only or is there a single player campaign as well, because I already have pubg, the hunt and don't need another last one standing game?

Spriggs

Post by Spriggs » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:18 pm

warlock359205 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:16 am
I have looked at this ,but is it multiplayer only or is there a single player campaign as well, because I already have pubg, the hunt and don't need another last one standing game?
Its a hardcore, online only, shooter matey, you go in with what little kit you have and attempt to do an online "raid" to loot more things and acquire things you might need. This can range from guns, meds, food/water, misc crap ....
If you die you loose everything on the person (Items can be insured in a hope that if they are not taken by someone else they will be returned after a time period) and you then have to re-heal, energise / hydrate up before going in.
You can be dropped by a single round from a suppressed sniper rifle from god knows where or lazered by some other high level players. It creates a very tense and on edge atmosphere which can be addicting in some ways.
I survived the great server crash (23/10/2018)
Gone but never forgotten

warlock359205

Post by warlock359205 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:03 pm

Pubg then with different graphics then ,

knightmorphed

Post by knightmorphed » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:46 am

@Spriggs272 gave me a demo of the menu screen yesterday - holy crap the amount of tedious micro-management data you need to compile is outrageous - its one of those games where you really need to be committed to understanding all the small accessorises for equipment and have to like micro-management. I am a big picture guy and don't enjoy customising my weapons to the n'th degree but if you like that kind of thing I can see how this game can really turn you on. I run an IT advisory business and have to scroll through legal/commercial contracts with thousands of words and data points- I don't want this attention to detail when I game - give me a gun, tank, war ships and let me escape reality for a few hours I don't want the frustration of having bought the wrong bullets for the gun because I didn't notice some minor detail. But it has taken EBS by storm and many of our players really enjoy it so I am sure if you are committed its awesome - just not my cup of tea until I retire and have more time :D

Allana

Post by Allana » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:41 pm

I am playing on a lent account as a total noob. Ppl will not understand what happened when they killed me and get my dogtag seeing my level and how badly I played XD.

Hours: ~25
Fav map: Customs (Only one I actually know)
Fav gun: AK-74M
Budget build: was hight at the start, going down as i keep dying
Playstyle: rat, but aiming to be chad

knightmorphed

Post by knightmorphed » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:03 pm

still it doesnt take away that micro management nonsense before every mission.....its so tedious unless you like all that anally retentive stuff.

SgtObvious

Post by SgtObvious » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:40 am

I get where u are coming from knight! Its not for everyone unfortunately.
@warlock359205 its really much more then pubg with different graphics. Imho there really isnt anything to compare it with, because of the in depth mechanics and adrenaline rushes and extreme amount of modding for guns.

Nice to see people are commenting. I think it would be awsome to arrange some events for some funny footage.