Dirt2.0

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

Hairy Frog

Re: Dirt2.0

Post by Hairy Frog » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:13 pm

The controls already look ridiculous on this vid, seeing how unstable the car can be. Even with this kind of old ( but fire ) Italian lady, things should be smoother

The early A110 gave me some similar problems in the 1.0, but not loosing the rear this way ... My wheel was a great help, just because the FF helps to feel and anticipate .... and overall, the feeling of playing the heel/toe on brake and gas is something I can't replace, because thi is simply a part of these car handling. Same withe the early 70's formula one ... driving these cars with just a button to change the strokes is something I can't do

.... any car that is driven with three pedals IRL in fact. I'm not fond of modern cars, though mine is equipped with a dual clutch auto gearbox ....
If a fool is a guy who lost is touch with the real world, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Knowledge and information
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

darkdeamon

Post by darkdeamon » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:41 am

I can't play this well using the keyboard, my times are no where near. Am having better success with a controller but could really do with a wheel & pedals
Putting my hacks on your PC by many devious methods

warlock359205

Post by warlock359205 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:00 pm

didn't know that any rally car could slide sideways when the wheels are not actually moving, why and how have codemasters fooked up a standard racing game yet again, dirt 3 complete edition if you tinkered with the cars they acted and felt like a fukin rally car, dirt rally 2.0 , is really starting to get annoying, because IF you watch a real rally car on tarmack, even round bends ,IF the wheels are stationary it don't keep bloody sliding off the track, UNLIKE dirt 2.0. come on codemasters its about you actually got off your asses and actually sat in a car before trying to assume how it handles.

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:58 pm

???? @warlock359205
breaking at the wrong time in a corner the car will keep on sliding across all 4 wheels even if you release the breaks, they will restart spinning once the slide is over
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:41 pm

got a mention for those who try to do codemaster racegames on keybord
do not just use WASD for the stearing
i did split it and changed my key-bindings
since i am right handed i set them to:

left arrow -- left
right arrow -- right
up arrow -- accelerate
s-key -- brake
d-key -- handbrake
space -- shift up (left thumb)
ctlr right -- shift down (right thumb)

if you are left handed just mirror it

ps.: and remember it is close to a sim, so imo the game is ment to be played in 1st Person or at least on dashcam or hood cam

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:48 pm

that one is from Block, also known as rocket bunny who was playing with us on insurgency in the good old days

here one nice ride