BTCC Championship ?

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

Cold Blood Nor
Loading…

Re: BTCC Championship ?

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:09 pm

Ztranier, what processor is your old one? It seems like the minimum requirments for AC is a AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHZ or a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ. Granted, you porbably cant play on max settings...

In regards to rules, Ill create a mock up rules sheet and share it here!
Cold Blood out.

"What? Say something! Am I so beautiful that you've got no words left?" - Midna

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:39 am

its a 3rd gen i7 @Cold Blood Nor so it will be ok with AC
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

knightmorphed

Post by knightmorphed » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:04 am

That is more than capable for what is required. Oh so exciting. Ztrainier I heard the new steering wheel arrived. Did you hook it up to old pc? if so lets go for a spin tonight.

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:25 pm

Spin and get French if you're lucky :mrgreen:

The fun mention : carboard in French is said, carton, word also used for the cardboard targets in use in the shooting ranges ... that was then extended to car crash that have heavily distorted the body
If a fool is a guy who lost is touch with the real world, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Knowledge and information
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:35 pm

wheel and pedals are mounted now and of course i will plug it to my old PC today, but i am not sure that i will be able to do some "fast" laps today
first i need to do some calibrating and fiend a good sit position @knightmorphed

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:54 am

I made some weight tests with the combo Alfa Giulietta/ Brands Hatch :

Best lap : 1 31 277

60kg : 1 32 639 with a theoritical 1 31 756 ( sic ! )

80kg : 1 33 068

100kg 1 33 685 with a theoritical 1 32 874 ( re sic ! ! )

Well .... I'd really apreciate that some of you report the same test under the same format ( theoritical not mandatory ). Do hotlaps on Brands Hatch with your favourite BTCC car, and report your Best lap and the times with 60, 80 & 100kg
If a fool is a guy who lost is touch with the real world, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Knowledge and information
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

knightmorphed

Post by knightmorphed » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:23 pm

Fascinating stats....will try tomorrow

Projectblue

Post by Projectblue » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:47 pm

Wow, this looks very well thought out. What game are you playing this in chaps?
"EBS was, and is always, a respected place to play because admin's don't take any shit and we don't dance around the axe. If it needs swinging, we will do it, without question."

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:57 am

It is Assetto Corsa @Projectblue

Cold Blood Nor
Loading…

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:55 pm

I posted a PDF draft of some possible championship rules yesterday on discord. Ill post it here as well. Please give some constructive feedback if you think of any :)

Championship Rules

Eligibility:
Everyone is welcome to partake in the championship. If, in the case of a full grid, the participation of EBS members are to be given a slot first.

Sign-Up:
To take into account that everyone might not be able to join in every weekend, a signup sheet will be made available at LINK. Sign-up will be available the day after a championship race takes place, and close four (4) hours before the planned race.
The sign-up sheet will also contain an option to choose the car that you want to drive. If a car is not chosen before sign-up ends the driver may choose from the cars available on the server.

Championship Calendar:
The championship calendar can be found in LINK. Championship Races will be announced in discord at least seven (7) days in advance.

Championship Points:
Points will be awarded based on the place that the drive place in the race. Points are as followed:

Race 1:
Place Points
1 20
2 18
3 16
4 14
5 12
6 10
7 8
8 6
9 4
10 2

Race 2:
Place Points
1 10
2 9
3 8
4 7
5 6
6 5
7 4
8 3
9 2
10 1

Tracks:
Tracks will follow the race calendar as stated in the “Championship Calendar” section. If a driver have a request for a track, feel free to DM Cold Blood on Discord with the links to the track (if it is a mod). The tracks chosen will try to use vanilla, dream pack DLC maps, or modded maps.

Cars:
Cars will primarily be BTCC, GT3, or Tatuus FA01. Cars will be stated in the race calendar found in the “Championship Calendar” section. If a driver has any wishes for cars, please DM Cold Blood on Discord with link(s) to the car(s) (if it is a mod). Skins will be given on random by the server.

Free practice:
The server will be set to the track with allowed cars for the next race. You can either practice on the server, or offline if you prefer that instead. The race will start at the planned time as mentioned in the “Championship Calendar” section.

Qualifying:
15 minutes of qualifying. If a driver is on a cool down, or out lap, the driver should yield for other drivers that are on a hot lap.

Race:
Race 1: 15 laps, 1 mandatory pit stop to have some fun with strategies. Full championship points given.
Race 2: 5 laps, no mandatory pit stops, random grid. Race will start no less than 5 minutes after race 1. Half championship points given.
Jump start penalty: Jump start penalties will be set to: Drive thru. Which means that the driver that jump start have to drive thru the pit lane

Penalties:
If you cut corners the server might give you a penalty. Please follow the on-screen instructions. Drivers are not to rapidly decelerate while having other drivers behind him/her. Do so at the side of the track, not on the race line.

Damage:
Damage will be turned on 50%. Tyre wear will be set at 150%. Fuel consumption will be set on 100%

Track Limits:
Track limits are defined by each track maker, not by the server admin. However, the server will be set to allow three (3) tires off the track.
Cold Blood out.

"What? Say something! Am I so beautiful that you've got no words left?" - Midna