Assetto Corsa content : tests & benchmarks

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

0verzeal0us

Re: Assetto Corsa content : tests & benchmarks

Post by 0verzeal0us » Sun May 17, 2020 8:15 pm

I’m in love with my G29. I can’t wait to have a few circuits!

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Sun May 17, 2020 8:27 pm

Yes a good FFB wheel is simply a game changer

You could begin by getting Assetto Corsa as this is the sim we elected. Then you'll be able to join the server that ColdBlood is managing, or train in standalone on the cars I reviewed
If a fool is a guy who lost is touch with the real world, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Knowledge and information
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Mon May 18, 2020 12:15 pm

Old ladies can race too !

All the cars that were racing or were designed before 1950. Too old to be called vintage, too alive to simply stand still in a museum. Aircraft engines, mountain bike wheels, ..... brakes :lol: ? ...... and a fuzzy steering too ..... but don't wory, leather helmet and screen glasses are allowed :mrgreen:

Here's a page related to the mods you can find below:

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ ... 40.173411/

1923 Bugatti type 32 Rating : A
As you can see maestro Ettore Bugatti began in the soapbox business :mrgreen:
This said, although the car is very low powered and can hardly reach 184kmh, it wheigths less than 800kgs ( impressive for a 1923 full body ! ) and its balance is perfect. I had a lot of fun driving it - not that well - and was amazed to record a very unexpected 1'47"801

1923 Sunbeam Grand Prix Rating : A
Let's say "easier" to drive ( or am I getting used of this style ? ), the Sunbeam is stable, and easy to recover, but doesn't give the high feeling you can get with the Bugatti type 51 1'47"377

1923 Voisin C6 'Laboratoire' Rating : A
looks .... OMFG ! :eek: Voisin was a renown aircraft maker, and a pioneer in french aviation development by the years 1900/1910.... you could easely see that thanks to the tiny propeller in front of the car :mrgreen: . Good behaviour although missing a few kmh for this track. The Voisin can turn very well at any speeds, compared to its competititors. Probably due to its narrow rear train 1'48"531

1928 Mercedes SSK Rating : D
Look and sounds are beautifull, the FFB is ok. But the brakes and throttle feel like if there was an an ABS and TC on. Add to the picture that the tires have a slick's behaviour. All this and an adjustable diff make the car ridiculously fast in corners ... just not of this era, by too much ! My opinion : this mod has yet a lot to fix in the physics and setup features 1'33"341

1931 Bentley Blower Rating : A
Powerfull engine and 4 strokes gearbox, but it weigth and handles like an anvil ! So if you like to drive anvils, you'll be happy, and will probably improve greatly this time 1'50"009

1931 BUGATTI TYPE-51 GRAND PRIX Rating : A
Enjoying to drive, the feeling is closer to that of modern cars, and the engine is amazing, both by its power/torque curbs and its sound 1'45"055

1937 Alfa Romeo 12C Rating : A
I had a lil' surprise when checking the setup menu : an electronics thumb ! .... wtf ???? at least I could switch off ABS and TC ( omg ! ) from this 1937 race car :geek: .... And I rediscovered an incredible toy. This 12C is modelled perfectly. Looks and sounds of course, are above any criticism. FFB is by the HQ side. And overall, the physics are incredible. When you drive it, everything pushes you to handle it just like the true thing, all the corners are negociated with drift .. and a big grin under the pilot's scarf !. Frankly I do not know why this car that please me so much had to be once more an Alfa Romeo, I just realised this while writting the previous sentence 1'25"106

1937 Auto Union Type C Rating : A
Auto Union is the root of Audi, thus the 4 well know rings. The type C is ... typicall of its era, and you won't do anything with it ( a clean lap for instance :mrgreen: ) without paying by trials and trials. Once in the cokpit, the aircraft feeling is obvious, and you can't do but look at the sides to check the wings :wink:
Surpisingly fast, unsurprisingly a bitch in any other domain. The gearbox staggering is weird, and it doesn't help. I wouldn't advise to begin this Old Ladies series with it, but for sure, you must try it one day 1'37"917

1937 ERA type B Rating : A
This mod is well made overall but the engine sound, very loud and somewhat unpleasant. But the car stays interesting to drive 1'42"208

1937 Mercedes-Benz W125 Grand Prix Rating :
Undriveable ?

1938 alfa Romeo 158 Alfetta Rating : B
The queen mother of Formula One cars. It was raced until 1950, and won the very first F1 GP in 1950 at Silverstone, with Giuseppe Farina.
Weird fact, I was more than 10" slower than the older12C. I must admit that I did not try has hard as with the grand sister, but it is simply because I did not have as much fun. The mod is well made overall, but the tires : too much grip, and very difficult to get this oversteering style that is the way of this era's race cars. 1'36"362

1938 Auto Union Type D Rating : A
The mod is well modelled, but I found some weirdies in the set up ( and you can't drive it without some deep setup work ) and a visual bug touching the right front ( not really bothering, but there is to mention it ). More difficult to drive than its 1938' Italian counterparts, although CM shows a theoritical almost 1" faster than my best, so potentially, comparable in term of performance. I had hard times learning how to master it enough to chain several clean laps. But once done, chasing my ghost revealed rewarding. If you want to try it, ( and you could enjoy the trip ) do not hezitate to ask me for setup advices. 1'38"275

1938 Maserati 8 CTF Rating : A
I longly hezitated to rate this car. It is efficient and enjoying. It is also challenging as the wheels hardly transmit all the power to the ground..... but it looks like the brake setup is not working, as I have front lockings wich was the value I choose for the balance ... There are not that many old ladies to drive, and I can't say I do not like what this one is offering beside. So try it and make your own opinion 1'37"664
Last edited by Hairy Frog on Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 82 times in total.
If a fool is a guy who lost is touch with the real world, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Fri May 22, 2020 9:14 pm

updated

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Sat May 23, 2020 11:51 am

updated

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

knightmorphed

Post by knightmorphed » Thu May 28, 2020 12:03 pm

incredible post @Hairy Frog so much information and data to digest.....

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Thu May 28, 2020 12:11 pm

Added Lotus 25, Lotus Exos std and S1 versions

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Fri May 29, 2020 2:52 pm

Added, KTM X Bow, Veloce GTS8, Ford Transit

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Fri May 29, 2020 3:36 pm

hahaha
Ford Transit nice
Sabienchen barely didn´t crack the ten minute mark
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Sun May 31, 2020 4:33 pm

Added ACL McLaren M8C, ACL Porsche917K, ACL Lola T290, ACL Ford Capri RS3100
Last edited by Hairy Frog on Sun May 31, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having