Health update

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

knightmorphed

Re: Health update

Post by knightmorphed » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:55 am

Wonderful positive post amongst all this negativity in the world now.....glad to hear you got to ring the bell on way out. My friend Andrew when he told me the story about ringing the bell after being clear from cancer for 5 years let out a few tears......its such a big deal. Stay safe and healthy.

Foobies

Post by Foobies » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:33 pm

Brilliant news mate. Let's hope this virus fucks off soon and we can all enjoy life again.

warlock359205

Post by warlock359205 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:08 am

Foobies wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:33 pm
Brilliant news mate. Let's hope this virus fucks off soon and we can all enjoy life again.
I will second that motion ,Foobies.

knightmorphed

Post by knightmorphed » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:14 am

And the worst apart about this virus isnt the actual high fever and mortality rates - its the socioeconomic ramifications and the millions of businesses and people losing their livelihood.....that is ten times worse! Just glad to hear an EBS member on the mend - upwards and onward's for lets pray for better times ahead

warlock359205

Post by warlock359205 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:20 pm

knightmorphed wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:14 am
And the worst apart about this virus isnt the actual high fever and mortality rates - its the socioeconomic ramifications and the millions of businesses and people losing their livelihood.....that is ten times worse! Just glad to hear an EBS member on the mend - upwards and onward's for lets pray for better times ahead
although I fully agree with your post, and I DO mean this sincerely, I am extremely sad for those that have passed, but in a population of what? 30.000,000 people in the uk, its not that many deaths, and in a way I agree that the lockdown needs to be enforced, as the government is supposed to be helping out with the majority of pay, BUT if its NOT enforced and the government asked nicely please stay in , 80% wouldn't give a toss, E.G. the first time I went in for lung cancer surgery, there was another guy had the same VERY expensive operation in the bed opposite from me, and you know what he was waiting for? to get outside for a fucking cigarette, so no all this HAS to imposed for the sake of the rest of us.

Harrod200
Loading…

Post by Harrod200 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:18 pm

We wake up to 24 hour news showing us the horrors of the rest of the world, then go from our comfortable beds to a nice hot shower in clean water, get dressed in fancy clothes and have a filling breakfast. We get into our reliable cars and drive through safe streets, listening to more news on the radio, to our place of work, where we will for a reasonable amount of time for a reasonable wage. On the way back we stop of into a will stocked shop and take our pick from hundreds of luxurious options, and collect our inexpensive prescription medication from the pharmacy, which we obtained by speaking to a well qualified and regulated doctor. We get back home and sit down in front of the tv for some more news of carbombs and suffering on the other side of the globe, and if we're feeling introspective we feel thankful that we live somewhere that sorry of thing doesn't happen.

Then one day some people start kicking up a stink over some disease that's killing some foreign people in some backward country. They're all panicking and saying it's the end of the world, but they're just being silly; you see suffering every day on TV and the key thing is that it's always somewhere else. This is home, and home is *safe*.

A few weeks later and they're still banging on about it. Now this disease is in a much closer country, but it's alright because we all know those people have always been a bit lazy and slapdash, not like people over here. *We're different*.

Now it's appeared nearby, but again it's among some group or other who probably brought it on themselves somehow with their odd ways. It'll stay among *them*.

Now your neighbor has it. You always thought they were a normal sort of person, so they must have just been unlucky. A shame, but a few of us have to get it, I suppose. *I* will be fine.

We live in a world of comfort, where bad things are always happening to other people. It's easy to believe that therefore bad things only happen to other people, until they happen to us or those close to us.

Most people are still suffering that delusion; just look at the people milling around the parks in London, or the host parties the police are breaking up: they all *know* this virus thing is just something that happens to *someone else*, because bad things don't happen *here*, *to me*. The sad thing is, in this situation there probably not entirely wrong; they won't suffer the full force of Corona; it'll be those they spread it to that suffer and they will *never* accept their part in it.

People like this need to be treated like children because they simply can't recognise danger, never having faced it, and by virtue of being so coddled for so long.

Either the government and police will crack down massively, in which case the virus will be contained and these people will stay in their bubble, forever believing that they're *safe* and bemoaning the massive overreaction, or those people will be in for a nasty wake up call.

I'm glad you're on the mend, and I'm glad that it seems all of EBS are sensible enough to recognise how serious this thing is. It's good to see that we're doing what little we can to avoid contributing to someone else's downfall.

[Edit] ok that didn't feel quite that long when i was writing it. Guess I'm more frustrated by those people than i thought.

Spawnsy

Post by Spawnsy » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:19 pm

good post, well posted, well worded. i wish there were some way to make those most deserving pay. alas.
Facebook Ebs Spawnsy
Pick up your suffering and bear it.
Easy now.

darkdeamon

Post by darkdeamon » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:24 am

Harrod, what you say is even worse over here.
A lot of people here are very family orientated (with big families) and are very social.
Add to that that the Qatari think that the rules & laws apply to other people, not themselves.
The government here has taken to arresting people, naming & shaming them and fining them (up to £40k) yet the idiots are still posting their get togethers on social media!!
Putting my hacks on your PC by many devious methods

Chimp

Post by Chimp » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:21 am

Chuffed for you mate. Great to hear some really good news in these troubled times
Hellooo

WarGanisM

Post by WarGanisM » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:40 am

Awesome Warlock. Great to hear, during this time. Good news for once!