Was good while it lasted.

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

Hutch1603

Re: Was good while it lasted.

Post by Hutch1603 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:30 pm

I was present when this little incident happened. While I agree that Doo's needed to be reminded not to post illegal content, I believe the choice and tone of wording could have been better.

In my opinion, it would have been better for the senior member to take Doo's into another channel and do it in private, rather than in front of the members in channel at that time.

There is fault on both sides and I think that the persons concerned should have a private chat and air their grievances with each other in a constructive manner. Hopefully, then this incident can be closed and we can get back to being one big happy community.

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Sun May 05, 2019 5:49 pm

just 2 quick Points from my side to this

First of all I really do like the decission of @ProvokedPrawn to unlock this thread (thats something new imo)
it is better to have an open discussion sometimes than having silent posts behind the wall within litte groups of the community (not talking about the admirallity but groups of friend of friends / he said that he said....) verry apreciated

The other thing is, that i have learned over the years, it´s mostly better to wait a couple of days to make up your mind and talk to people, instead of doing something irreparable to close to the heat of the moment . It is hard to do so but it helps very often
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

Stujb

Post by Stujb » Sun May 05, 2019 5:55 pm

That was my thoughts @Ztranier and why I thought I should lock it, let things calm down.
But I also get Age's point about an open discussion and as Age is the boss he wins :)

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Sun May 05, 2019 6:01 pm

I didn´t ment to blame you @Stujb!
In fact, i think those 24 hrs of locking the thread, has done a good work in calming the down the situation

Chimp

Post by Chimp » Sun May 05, 2019 9:23 pm

Agree with all that has been said by all comments here. I think it would be a shame to lose good members though. Perhaps those involved can take up in a private channel, and come to a resolution of this unfortunate incident. Though I don't condone what Doo's did, I believe he is genuinely remorseful and did offer an apology for his actions. I think that this shouldn't split people and if you have something to say on the matter, I encourage you to post it, reasonably and calmly, as I think its important for people to be honest and not start up a game of whispers. Though obviously I would rather this be resolved as quickly and co-cooperatively as possible, so we can all remain a strong community. Thank you.
Hellooo

Stujb

Post by Stujb » Sun May 05, 2019 10:04 pm

@Ztranier I know, I did not feel that you blamed me. I agreed with you.

And @Chimp no, they don't need a discussion. They need to do what they need to do. Both know what I mean, it will happen or...

Projectblue

Post by Projectblue » Mon May 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Or even me. Although I'm unlikely to appear in Discord much at the moment, PM me here and it comes to my phone. That is such a rare occurrence that work permitting I will address a PM really quickly.
“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”

DOOSDIEF

Post by DOOSDIEF » Tue May 07, 2019 3:21 pm

Gentlemen and Ladies.

I feel that somewhere along the line this post got lost in translation.(I got a bit emotional thinking that someone in power can verbally abuse me and get away with it). Sure some of you can hear my pain. We are adults and would like to be treated accordingly.

Never was there any intention on splitting up or asking for the community to choose sides. I do apologize if that is how it came across.

Foolish of me I did something that goes against the rules and took full responsibility for Bills rant.

The problem I have is how it was executed by Bill In pubic and by calling me a Twat in front of people I learnt to trust and have respect for.. That is where the hole issue lies.

I admitted that I made a mistake never tried to defend it.

What upsets me most is that we are both stubborn and will not concede. Me wanting an apology for what he said and Bill believing that he did the right thing.

I will offer an olive branch to Bill out of respect for EBS. And then take it from there. Hopefully we both have had enough time to cool down and show some respect to each other.

Thank you all for your comments and feedback.

Doosdief.

Ztranier
Loading…

Post by Ztranier » Tue May 07, 2019 3:40 pm

i hope it´ll end up like this

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Tue May 07, 2019 4:24 pm

Casablanca ...

This French officer is wearing his kepi like a queer :-D
If a fool is a guy who lost is touch with the real world, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Knowledge and information
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having