Was good while it lasted.

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

DOOSDIEF

Was good while it lasted.

Post by DOOSDIEF » Sat May 04, 2019 8:28 pm

Gentlemen and Ladies of =EBS=

It is Sad that it has to come to the point where I can not see myself participating as a member of this great community.

If a leader can get away with breaking the rules. Then when I must accept that and then get verbally abused by that leader and then having to accept that to be ok. Not in my books. Where I come from its call abuse of Power.

It has been a great couple of years and met some great wonderful caring people. Unfortunately I find myself in a position where I find it incredibly difficult to continue having to serve under leadership where you must accept without any apology to stand for verbal abuse in front of other members in chat and in voice(Discord) by a senior member for making a mistake. chat in discord was Delete by this leader to cover their tracks and maybe mine for the mistake I made, I don't know why it was deleted.

I have asked pricatly in a pm to that leaders that their behavior was unacceptable. but was bluntly told that no apology will be granted and I should consider myself lucky to still be part of the community. It does not work That way.

I will still be in game and look forward to bumping into you lot but for as long this leader behaves this way I want nothing to do with this Community. This kind of Dictatorship within the ranks persist shows lack of respect for the members and no one in my eyes is better than anyone else. Respect is earned not demanded.

Maybe I was wrong about certain people

=EBS= x-DOOSDIEF-xYesterday at 19:52
really disappointed that a senior officer in EBS thinks its ok to behave in such a manor. you are suppose to be a leader in our community. thinking that's its OK to Publicly call me a Twat is not expectable. no matter who you are. and then as soon as i log in you think its ok to rant at me in front of all the other members in dam right disrespectful and not part of what I would think a leader should behave like. Yes I admit that I made a Mistake but your conduct does not warrant that kind of behaviour. don't tell me that i am overreacting or that it was taken the wrong way. You have no right to speak to people like that. NO i will not stand for it. I demand that you apologise unreservedly. In public.
=EBS=BillBaileyToday at 20:23
No I'm not going to apologise publicly or privately, publishing a pirate video of one of the most popular films this year was irresponsible and could have led to our discord server being banned. Just be thankful that Age didn't spot it or you would have been kicked out of the community.
=EBS= x-DOOSDIEF-xToday at 20:48
NOT good enough. And I will not back off! maybe your missing the point. The way you spoke to me in chat and in voice was unacceptable. seems that you can speak to people the way you want and think that its ok. No its not. You have no respect for me and I will have no respect for you then. As i said I admit making a mistake. you can not own up to yours. It take a man to admit it. all the best. I am really disappointed by you behaviour - Sad your a grown man. you could have approached this in an adult way but no you are too big for that. time to have a hard look in the Mirror . over and out.
=EBS= x-DOOSDIEF-xToday at 20:55
O so by the way it fine for you to break the rules!

From our - your Site:
Please treat others how you'd expect to be treated. Don't be rude to others. Let's be friends and have a blast!
Do not post anything illegal on the forum
Do not defame, slander or otherwise abuse others publicly on the forum
Treat others as you would like to be treated
Try to be constructive with suggestions
Be good to each other, party on duuuuuuuudes.
all the best and thanks for ..............
delete this like the you deleted the post where you called me a TWAT.

Thats me. See you on the field.

Doos Over and Out.

have fun at the Meet. will be thinking of you all. be nice to each other and look after Ellis Dee.

Stujb

Re: Was good while it lasted.

Post by Stujb » Sat May 04, 2019 9:16 pm

I am not taking responsibility of Ellis, we have brought in carers for that. I'm locking this and will catch up with you in a few days.

BillBailey

Post by BillBailey » Sat May 04, 2019 10:53 pm

You fail to mention Doos, that you posted a full pirated version of Avengers Endgame in the battlefield chat, along with a comment that it was viewable in chrome as well, which I promptly deleted and then ranted at you on discord for being a twat for doing so. I stand by this decision.

Stujb

Post by Stujb » Sun May 05, 2019 12:37 am

That is this chat over, I locked it for this reason. It is not for drunken debate.

warlock359205

Good while it lasted post

Post by warlock359205 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:13 am

I know you've locked the thread stu and that's fine but I needed to say ,and no I am not drink or trying to inflame the situation, but I fully agree with bill as we NEVER do pirated stuff on EBS never have never will do . You can lock this for me please stu I just needed to add my input

Hairy Frog

Re: Good while it lasted post

Post by Hairy Frog » Sun May 05, 2019 7:44 am

I have hesitated a few minutes before to add my own imput....

The fact is that I was conected and saw in real time what did hapen. Bill did what had to be done.

Doos, I do not really undestand what has driven you to react like this, posting like you did in this forum. If you feel like you have something to fix with Bill you really better do it by PM, mate.

The reason : you make people feel like they have to choose between you, and the community. And there is no way we may agree with you, in these accurate circumstances.

Another leader than Bill may have used different words, but the bottom line would have remained the same.

I hope you will be able to mind on this, and take the good decisions....

*By advance, if you find some of my words are awkward, don't forget I'm not native English speaking
If a fool is a guy who lost is touch with the real world, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Knowledge and information
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

ProvokedPrawn
Site Admin

Post by ProvokedPrawn » Sun May 05, 2019 9:17 am

Always some drama. Such a shame.
Donate to keep EBS alive ---->Image

ProvokedPrawn
Site Admin

Post by ProvokedPrawn » Sun May 05, 2019 9:20 am

I've unlocked this. Please don't lock it if people want to have a civilised discussion. Obviously I wasn't involved, but we are clear about not positing illegal stuff
Donate to keep EBS alive ---->Image

Spawnsy

Post by Spawnsy » Sun May 05, 2019 2:39 pm

If the rant was unduly harsh due to alcohol then an apology for the tone may be in order [idk, i didn't hear it], but the dressing down itself was entirely in order as we're very clear about our stance on pirating, cheating, glitching, and illegality here.
Making public posts in these circumstances is less than tactful and comes off as a deliberate attempt to cause problems. It's not appreciated.
Easy now.

Stujb

Post by Stujb » Sun May 05, 2019 4:21 pm

I didn't hear the rant but was told it was excessive. The other point made was that if you want to have a rant at somebody, in such a manner, then drag them off to another channel, don't speak to them like that in front of others.

And, what Spawnsy said. There's me, Age and Spawnsy you can grab and have chat with.