Hello

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

Splatt

Hello

Post by Splatt » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:23 pm

Hi guys.

I don't know about you but we at =RR= Rommel's Renegades have been somewhat underwhelmed by Battlefield 1 and even more so by Battlefield V. We have found that our members are playing games all over the place!

So, in order to pull us back together (until something better comes along) we have gone Old School. For the foreseeable future (or until we get bored or die of old age) we are running a DoD:S Server...

If you fancy a trip down memory lane, you'll find us playing DoD:S on the 'Rommels Renegades DoD:S Server'. I know, it is such a catchy name.

See you on the battlefield...oh wait.

Best wishes

Splatt

Berkman

Re: Hello

Post by Berkman » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:48 am

I'll download this. After all, it's one of the very few games I can run at the moment :)

Bennett
Loading…

Post by Bennett » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:21 am

You know what, I was genuinely thinking about booting it up the other day. I may join you.

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:26 am

Dou you mean Day of Defeat Source ?
If a fool is a guy who lost is touch with the real world, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Knowledge and information
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

BillBailey

Post by BillBailey » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:17 pm

Yes he does, DOD:s is an abbreviation of the title.

Hairy Frog

Post by Hairy Frog » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:02 pm

DoD:S is quite oldie

May I suggest you to try Heroes & Generals instead ? Or even, for the fun side : TF2 :biggrin:

If a fool is a guy who lost is touch with the real world, what to think about people who are confusing

- Hanger and hatred
- Respect and fright
- Offense and fear
- Truth and belief
- Knowledge and information
- Love and concupiscence
- Being and having

Splatt

Post by Splatt » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:44 pm

Hairy Frog wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:02 pm
DoD:S is quite oldie

May I suggest you to try Heroes & Generals instead ? Or even, for the fun side : TF2 :biggrin:
We've tried both those Hairy Frog. We've also tried Day of Infamy, Days of War, Red Orchestra (various) and Call of Duty WWII to name just a few. We even played Left For Dead 2 last weekend.

However, for ingame banter whilst slightly (well totally actually) drunk, Day of Defeat: Source is a hoot. It allows all players to use all talk in game and is not limited to a few squad members. Plus I like playing with an MG42 that actually hits something (unlike BFV). Indeed Day of Defeat/Day of Defeat: Source takes us back to our roots. We were once in the Enemy Down League and so crap that everyone wanted to play us for easy points! Our skill level did however gain us the ED award of "Most popular Clan 2008". We took every defeat with good grace (being drunk no doubt helped)...

For however long we keep our 'oldie' running, EBS members will be made to feel most welcome.

As an aside, Paka and I both supported Hell Let Loose from its first development and thus have had early access. It is due for full release on 6th June. Whilst it is a great looking game and very, very realistic, it is hardcore and to me boring. The maps are huge and cater for 50v50. The map interface is not good and we struggled to find ourselves anywhere near a firefight. And when we did we usually got sniped before we saw any enemy! I also find player movement odd as they had not implemented 'strafe'. On the plus side, it does not have painted ladies.

If only they had not fecked up BFV!

Splatt

Post by Splatt » Thu May 02, 2019 8:11 am

Please note we now have one custom map on our server, dod_santos_b3. If not already installed, please do so before joining the server. Download sites can be easily found on Google.