Meet 2019

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

Spawnsy

Re: Meet 2019

Post by Spawnsy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:21 am

When I was little I desperately wanted to be bigger. The big boys at playschool, or the swimming pool , or my sister made sure of that. It's not as though I was bullied any worse than anyone else, just that life seemed so restricted and unfair based on age and size. Silly right? But in my child's mind it was such an issue, so birthdays always seemed like a really big deal. I would count the months. I wasn't four, I was four and a half! I'm not 5! I'm 5 and three quarters! At my age now (and let's face it I'm more than half way through my life realistically) not much gets me genuinely excited. Birthdays are of little consequence. Christmas comes with a certainty which has become mundane. Choosing, booking, and paying for things takes away the wonder of those things.

But the meet! : the meet is not certain. If people decide not to come, if Rox says she wants a break one year, if I'm poorly or bereaved it may not happen. Any number of things could stop the plans. So every year is met with gratitude that people want to come, that we can afford it, that =EBS= still exists, and it excites me. I tingle with excitement from time to time through the build up. When another person says they're coming, while I'm planning, watching the threads of people sorting their travel arrangements, I feel five and three quarters again! And I FUCKING LOVE IT!

I can wait. Of course I can, I'm 40 years old, but I do have to remind myself not to wish my life away just so that it can be the meet now! NOW!
Easy now.

0v3rz34l0u5

Post by 0v3rz34l0u5 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:20 pm

The meet truly is an experience. A great location, great atmosphere, great company and just great fun. I’ll be asking when next years meet will be on the Sunday when I get home!

SpecOpsVX
Loading…

Post by SpecOpsVX » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:52 am

Coming. Cedars or Premier depending on what’s free when I am free to start booking things. Both days are currently already off, subject to change in a job that can demand I do shifts.

Yes to polo shirt in my case. What do I say to them just I’m EBS and I want this name on a polo?

And I know I’m not a full member yet but I have still been encouraged to consider coming by others as by that time judgement will have been passed! So providing I don’t do an Erebus on you guys (points if you get the reference) and turn into a raging madman or the aliens don’t come back for me then see you there! 😂😎
Image credit to Stuart Brown at Skipper Press. Check them out. Their art is something else! https://skipperpress.com/

0v3rz34l0u5

Post by 0v3rz34l0u5 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:36 pm

Hold your horses there padawan. You need to have your tags granted AND more importantly, you need to play so that we can comment on your probation record! 😊

Ztranier

Post by Ztranier » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:09 pm

hmmm...
i never have seen a rule for joining the meet tbh Zel
but yes u are Right in case of him needed to be in whatever game to be commented
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

BillBailey

Post by BillBailey » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:13 pm

0v3rz34l0u5 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:36 pm
Hold your horses there padawan. You need to have your tags granted AND more importantly, you need to play so that we can comment on your probation record! 😊
No, this is not true at all. Stop posting crap.

0v3rz34l0u5

Post by 0v3rz34l0u5 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:21 pm

BillBailey wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:13 pm
0v3rz34l0u5 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:36 pm
No, this is not true at all. Stop posting crap.
@Spawnsy has said before that only full members can attend the meet. As the host, I’m sure he can clear this up.

Ztranier

Post by Ztranier » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:38 pm

Maybe it is not up to me to judge this but i never had the feeling that playing games itself, is the most important thing to be a part of the EBS community
yes, it it easier to make coms on the probby threads when they ar playing but imo Ops had a good start without beeing in a game, cause beeing active on the Forum, and might jump the hurdle and if he will he will recive the full tags bevore the meet

0v3rz34l0u5

Post by 0v3rz34l0u5 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:06 pm

I’m sorry if I don’t understand, social etiquette isn’t my strong point (the ASD affects my ability to read emotion, especially via non-verbal, non-face fo face communication). If I’ve latched onto something, please do tell me.

Ztranier

Post by Ztranier » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:14 pm

off all what i can see there is nothing u have to excuse for @0v3rz34l0u5
u are absolutly Right in one direction but Maybe not in all directions
happens to me all the time also, remember my scamming warning for ex
i like the way u are and i love you bro :roll: