Post by Karrion » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:06 pm

BillBailey

Re: Movie & TV News

Post by BillBailey » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:23 pm

A bit underwhelmed by the Mandalorian.

Spawnsy

Post by Spawnsy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Me and Rox have just finished the first series of "Sex Education" on netflix. Really funny in parts. Compelling in others. Very up to date and a bit intersectional without being wishy-washy.
Facebook Ebs Spawnsy
Got the SQUEE?
Pick up your suffering and bear it.
Easy now.

AnimusEradico

Post by AnimusEradico » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:06 pm

I really enjoyed that series Spawns.
Just finished watching "Unbelievable" on Netflix; the subject matter is quite a difficult topic, especially as it's based on true events - but it's really well done.

Bill, what did you watch Mandalorian on? What's it lacking in? It's one I was really looking forward to seeing (though not sure on getting Disney +).

BillBailey

Post by BillBailey » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:09 pm

I was hoping it would be a bit darker, but to me it's more like a western set in the star wars universe, hopefully it will get better, I cant really say how I watched it, as it would incriminate me :).

HonorOfDuty

Post by HonorOfDuty » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:23 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode of the mandeaorion. Bit of a quirky western with a rather silent protagonist.

darkdeamon

Post by darkdeamon » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:46 pm

Have been watching Big Mouth. Has had me laughing a lot.
Lording it over the plebs and putting my hacks on your PC by many devious methods

llSatanll

Post by llSatanll » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:11 pm

never been a big TV series viewer, Auf Wiedersehen, Pet greatest series EVER to grace our screens.

However, i often like series that are simple do not require too much attention and the Lethal Weapon TV series on ITV achieved this for me, change of characters and season 3 a massive improvement whats happens, no season 4 :x :x :x

OldWarDog

Post by OldWarDog » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:54 am

I started watching Man in the High Castle on Amazon back in 2017, but got to the middle of Season 2, before losing interest. With me being off work at the moment with my knee surgery, I started to watch it again on Tuesday past from the beginning. Boy am I hooked. I'm already at Season 3 Episode 3!!
Set on the backdrop that the Axis powers won the Second World War, the film explores the tensions between the two protagonists, primarily in North America, which is split into three zones - the Greater Nazi Reich governing the Eastern half of the country; the Japanese Pacific States ruling over the West Coast, and a Neutral Zone acting as a buffer between the two. And of course, as you might expect, an ever-increasing Resistance movement brings more chaos to the chaos.
In the background however, there is always the mystery of some films, which are being transported to 'The Man in the High Castle', and for a while it leaves you asking questions about the films and their significance - only as you watch more of the series do you realise that the films are coming from a parallel universe, and people are travelling from one world to the other.
It can get a little confusing, but when you realise there's two of everyone - one stuck in this dystopian universe, and one in what is our reality, then you begin to appreciate why the Nazis are keen to investigate the movement from world to world (which comes more to light in Season 3). To what end are the Nazis building a portal so that others can move between the two worlds? I haven't got that far yet, so I don't know how it's going to play out.
Highly recommend you watch the 4 seasons, all of which are now free on Amazon Prime!!