Pxi's Salvation (pic heavy and lengthy sorry)

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

samuraipxi
Loading…

Pxi's Salvation (pic heavy and lengthy sorry)

Post by samuraipxi » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:46 pm

I contemplated not posting a thread about this here as it is most definitely not gaming related but I am much too excited not too. Please excuse how lengthy and pic heavy it is.

Firstly, a bit of background for those of you reading this that don't know the story so far, which is likely most of you.
This all began back in 1992 when I was a wee nipper marvelling at my Dad's new engine, a 3.5 Rover V8 which was bored out to around 3.9 because why not.

This was to be installed into the Westfield that my Dad and his friend where building in our garage.

Once finished, it immediately became his pride and joy and most definitely his most prized possession. I have three other siblings with whom I would constantly have to argue whose turn it was to drive in Dad's Wezzie when going on family holidays. To say that too my family this car is valuable beyond anything else does not stress the sentimental value bestowed upon it.

Fast forward 24 years, having my Dad having battled and beaten Cancer twice before, he is diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer which would ultimately take him from us. Shortly after his diagnosis, whilst undergoing treatment, the family were asked to come see him. Unbeknown to me discussions had already taken place prior to this. It had been decided that I was going to be gifted his pride and joy, I was stunned and utterly speechless. Even now I am unable to convey the gratitude I felt that day.

However only 9 months after my Dad passed, on my way to work I crashed the Wezzie. Coming round a blind bend I found a lorry parked on the opposite side of the road with another lorry coming around it towards me on my side of the road. Fortunately I was able to avoid a head on collision with the front bumper of the Lorry but in doing so was unable to avoid the brick wall to my left. My heart broke as I watched the near side wheel crumple into the side of the car and skid along the wall until I hit a brick pillar which saw to it that my heart was shattered whilst spinning us both back into the road.

The devastation the car suffered was nothing compared to that suffered by my heart and sole, how could I have done this. Thankfully I managed to walk away from the incident with no bodily injuries.

Once the wreckage was recovered back to my Dad's old I could quickly assess the damage and cost of repair. Upon doing so I immediately started work stripping off the ruined parts unable to bear seeing the car in such a state.

With the help of a couple of friends and my Dad's friend whom helped him build it all those years before we where able to strip it quite quickly.
First we pulled out the engine and gearbox.

Then it was time for the wiring loom, scuttle board and interior.

The last to come off was the body which I swear my Dad glued on with 10 tubes of Silicone.

We decided to leave the rear wheels on to enable us to easily move the car around the shop. This is how the car remained for the last 2 years however due to the cost and the many curve balls life likes to throw around.

Finally I can have my Salvation, I can finally scratch that itch that has been tormenting me ever since the crash. I have not only saved the cash to begin the rebuild, I should have enough to get her back on the road. In the last 10 days I have removed the rear end of the car and sent the chassis off for repair, ordered the extortionate parts required from Westfield and managed to pick up some parts from eBay too. My next plan is to head down to the workshop whilst the chassis is away to clean and organise the parts I removed ready for re-installation. I can't stress how the relief and excitement finally being on the road to recovery feels. I hope you enjoy following the progress, I'll be sure to post as much as I can.

Ztranier
Loading…

Re: Pxi's Salvation (pic heavy and lengthy sorry)

Post by Ztranier » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:25 pm

one word you typed is the essence of this post for me
speachless it was
it is sad and also great story tho imo
it will be so satisfying if u can manage to get this beauty back on the roads, and i hope that will happen at one point!!!!
I wish u all the best with the rebuild, to ceep it conserved for upcomming generations.
May the force be with u @samuraipxi
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

HonorOfDuty

Post by HonorOfDuty » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:27 pm

Get in mate! Can't wait to see the end result

Chimp

Post by Chimp » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:03 pm

Lovely to hear mate. All the best
Hellooo

Cold Blood Nor
Loading…

Post by Cold Blood Nor » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:28 pm

Wish you all the best! Keep us updated on the progress :)
Cold Blood out.

"What? Say something! Am I so beautiful that you've got no words left?" - Midna

Spawnsy

Post by Spawnsy » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:57 pm

Nice. Great to hear.
Facebook Ebs Spawnsy
Got the SQUEE?
Pick up your suffering and bear it.
Easy now.

Projectblue

Post by Projectblue » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:55 pm

Loving this Pix. Keep it going. Sometimes it seems like a hill that never ends, but I think you can see the peak now. Soon the downhill bit. All the best bud.
"EBS was, and is always, a respected place to play because admin's don't take any shit and we don't dance around the axe. If it needs swinging, we will do it, without question."

eyzpick
Loading…

Post by eyzpick » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:11 pm

Holy moly, that's a posting where feelings go like a rollercoaster.
Like we would say in Flemish "jawatte datte".
I like this post Pix, love to see the progress.
As the person I know you, you got this !!!
Just breathe :?

0verzeal0us

Post by 0verzeal0us » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:11 pm

Wow! Keep us posted 😊

Spriggs
Loading…

Post by Spriggs » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:00 am

Time to get the girl purring again. Looking forward to seeing the progress Pix :P
I survived the great server crash (23/10/2018)
Gone but never forgotten