Tips hotel london

Moderators: Admiral of the Fleet, Vice Admiral

SgtObvious

Tips hotel london

Post by SgtObvious » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:00 am

Hey everyone,

Since i will be going to london somewhere near the end of april due to free tickets im considdering to stay 2 nights in a hotel. Preferably near the centre but not necessarily if the alternatives are better ofcourse.

I am just wondering if you know any hotel that has good services and doesnt make me need to sell my kidney.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Spriggs

Re: Tips hotel londen

Post by Spriggs » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:28 am

There is one out in Stratford that I stayed in when I went down to work in Canary Wharf for a week. Decent links into the city proper and you are a short walk away from the Olympic park and international rail links.
https://www.marriott.co.uk/reservation/ ... Tab=prepay
That is a guesstimate for the last weekend in April for when you plan to be over but you can look at it yourself to get a better picture :P
I survived the great server crash (23/10/2018)
Gone but never forgotten

Spawnsy

Post by Spawnsy » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:28 pm

In London? No. You will have to sell a kidney. Anything under £120 per night during the week, or £90 at the weekend will be a fucking doss hole. I guarantee it. I have extensive experience of the matter. Traveloge may be your best bet. Premier Inn is the safest bet, but you would have to pay for the certainty. You still have both kidneys, right?
Spriggsy has the right of it. Stay outside the centre and travel in daily. It's somewhat of an inconvenience, but it'll be the most cost effective way. Just be certain of the travel links before you commit.
Facebook Ebs Spawnsy
Got the SQUEE?
Pick up your suffering and bear it.
Easy now.

Ztranier
Assetto Corsa

Post by Ztranier » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:44 pm

interesting to see that the weekend price is lower than the week prices
"If in doubt, ....flat out" Collin McRae

Spawnsy

Post by Spawnsy » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:49 pm

Tourism brings less traffic than business. People are more willing to spend their business's money than their own!
Facebook Ebs Spawnsy
Got the SQUEE?
Pick up your suffering and bear it.
Easy now.

EVL-TW@

Post by EVL-TW@ » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:37 am

If you stay outside the main centre of London and near a tube station you will get a much cheaper hotel and if you use your contactless card to pay for the tube the most you will pay is approx £6-8 a day but you must use the same card when getting in and out of the stations.
So you can travel all over the place in london for one set price.
But you must check that you are not too far out of London and in the wrong Zones

knightmorphed

Post by knightmorphed » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:57 am

You could also check airbnb/booking.com and see if there is an affordable apartment somewhere. Agree with comments made earlier the further away from zone 1-2 the more affordable it will be. Check with EBS Aem he came to London 2 years ago and stayed for 4 nights out in Hayes (Near Heathrow) and got a good deal. Travel was zone 4 so he could get into town in under an hour.

Its the biggest city in Europe and one of the the most expensive but you and the missus will have a fantastic time - so many attractions and sites. I sent you a separate email with details. Ping me if you need any information on areas, locations, places to visit.

Make sure you follow 6P's (Proper planning prevents piss poor performance) good luck planning it.

EVL-TW@

Re: Tips hotel london

Post by EVL-TW@ » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:08 pm

I am heading to London with my mate for a trance gig on April 25 for one night.
A train form my town (about 2hr journey), a room for one night and the trance tickets came to £80 each, very reasonable I say. there are deals about but you have to look.

WarGanisM

Re: Tips hotel london

Post by WarGanisM » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:12 am

Airbnb defo worth a look, and hotel Ibis have always been reasonable.